Windows 10: Remove Microsoft Mail

Discus and support Remove Microsoft Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I have a Windows 10 Pro edition pc with two users: Admin and Visitor. I need to disable Microsoft Mail - at least for the Visitor user. I have used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by marktmcdonough, May 30, 2019.

1. Remove Microsoft Mail

Hi. I have a Windows 10 Pro edition pc with two users: Admin and Visitor. I need to disable Microsoft Mail - at least for the Visitor user. I have used this command with Powershell to remove the app from the Admin user:
    Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage

It works fine and removes Mail from the Admin user. However, the Mail app is still available for the Visitor user. No matter what I try, the Mail app still shows on the start menu just for the Visitor.

Any idea how I can remove the Mail app from that particular user or all users? Thank you in advance.

mark

:)

marktmcdonough, May 30, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Remove Microsoft Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 30, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 30, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Remove Microsoft Mail

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Remove Microsoft Mail

1. Remove Microsoft Mail - Similar Threads - Remove Microsoft Mail

2. Remove/change deleted E-Mail of microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove/change deleted E-Mail of microsoft account: Hello, I want to remove the main e-mail-adress of my local microsoft account As you can see in the first picture, I have 2 different E-Mails for my account. But whenever I for example try to download something, it automatically wants me to log in with the one above, which I...
  3. Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail: Why are most of my microsoft emails are displayed in HTML code ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail/4a0a4fd5-c32e-4f84-bbf1-268c92aedeb9
  4. Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail: Why are most of my microsoft emails are displayed in HTML code ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail/4a0a4fd5-c32e-4f84-bbf1-268c92aedeb9
  5. Microsoft mail

Microsoft mail: When i try and and a new gmail to my microsoft mail it gives me this message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail/54b90d90-0137-45cc-911b-4ffbb9e9eefe
  6. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.: I can't remove these mail accounts from mail app, why is it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-mail-accounts-from-mail-app/92bb7781-493e-4e6e-8833-c186eb26b296
  7. Microsoft Mail

Microsoft Mail: I have a problem with Mail which was working fine until a few days ago. Currently the app will not show the reading pane, but does show mail headers. Also the app just dies unexpectedly and needs to be reloaded. I have tried to adjust the settings without luck. The...
  8. Microsoft mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft mail: I dont use Microsoft mail. Can I uninstall it without any impact on other programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail/49911c53-4b9a-440f-8bb5-16225ac8f202
  9. Windows mail removes mail from hotmail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows mail removes mail from hotmail: I started using windows mail for my msn account and i recently moved to a new pc and when i configured it none of my old emails were there. I logged into hotmail and they were not there either. Does windows mail remove the mail from hotmail? 82973
  10. Remove a account Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Remove a account Mail: I have been looking in tutorials and other posts and do not have a solution to this problem. In Mail I have two accounts. One is my personal MSN account and the other is a Exchange account with my former employer. Obviously the former employer has deactivated my account....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove microsoft mail and calendar