Windows 10: Remove My Documents Folder From OneDrive Control but still Use OneDrive

Discus and support Remove My Documents Folder From OneDrive Control but still Use OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running MS Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19042 Build 19042I use this PC Lenovo Legion Y540 for trading and the trading application installs all it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JEEaster, Aug 13, 2022.

1. JEEaster Win User

Remove My Documents Folder From OneDrive Control but still Use OneDrive

I am running MS Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19042 Build 19042I use this PC Lenovo Legion Y540 for trading and the trading application installs all it's user files in the default Documents Folder. It is constantly retrieving data from this location, and for reasons I can not change it must stay in the default "My Documents" folder.If I have OneDrive linked to this PC-this application becomes VERY sluggish and essentially inoperable for live trading. In prior versions of Windows 10 Pro, I could keep OneDrive and simply deselect the documents folder from being synced.Windows no longer seems to

:)

JEEaster, Aug 13, 2022
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Remove My Documents Folder From OneDrive Control but still Use OneDrive

Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Remove My Documents Folder From OneDrive Control but still Use OneDrive

1. Remove My Documents Folder From OneDrive Control but still Use OneDrive - Similar Threads - Remove Documents Folder

2. Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile: I have synched my Documents folder via OneDrive, which is situated on my D:\ drive.But it is still shown in my %USERPROFILE%.opening the folder via Userprofile, the file properties place the files in my D:\OneDrive\Documents\but I need to remove the documents folder since I...
  3. Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile: I have synched my Documents folder via OneDrive, which is situated on my D:\ drive.But it is still shown in my %USERPROFILE%.opening the folder via Userprofile, the file properties place the files in my D:\OneDrive\Documents\but I need to remove the documents folder since I...
  4. Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?: I recently got a new laptop and when I was setting it up, I chose the option to backup Documents and a couple of other folders to OneDrive. I assumed that this would merely copy the files to the cloud, but apparently it actually replaces the local Documents folder entirely....
  6. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?: I recently got a new laptop and when I was setting it up, I chose the option to backup Documents and a couple of other folders to OneDrive. I assumed that this would merely copy the files to the cloud, but apparently it actually replaces the local Documents folder entirely....
  7. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My Documents is on OneDrive folder

My Documents is on OneDrive folder: I didn't know why but my Documents folder is on OneDrive. So when I save something on Documents, my OneDrive will automatically sync. I found that this results in more storage used, so if I have a 50mb file, it takes up space both in my computer and OneDrive. When I try to...
  9. Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive

Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive: I recently reinstalled Windows and installed OneDrive, but did not launch it until yesterday. When I did I noticed that a large number of files were uploading - these were saved games, config files etc. from games saved in my Documents folder. As far as I have been able to...
  10. Remove folders from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove folders from OneDrive: Windows 10 - Latest version. I am aware that I can remove folders from OneDrive by removing them from the on-line view. However I read in various places that deleting a folder from OneDrive deletes it from my computer. This seems such an extraordinary thing to do I think I...