Windows 10: Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?

Discus and support Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have had to reinstall Windows so am re-setting things to what I want. As a new install I have the latest version. One thing I don't want is to not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Sigurd, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Sigurd Win User

Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?

I have had to reinstall Windows so am re-setting things to what I want. As a new install I have the latest version. One thing I don't want is to not have to enter a password on startup. In the past I could do this by using NETPLWIZ.
    There is one user - me as Admin.
    The box one could tick to say whether or not a startup password is needed seems to have gone.
    Has Microsoft changed things?

:)

Sigurd, Mar 15, 2021
  2. f14tomcat Win User

@Sigurd, as Bree mention in his post above, it is most like this setting. Please check it and make sure it is OFF.

Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?

I have never touched DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion since I clean installed version 20H2.

Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed? [​IMG]

"Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" is missing from my netplwiz
    Nonetheless, I need not enter my password before using my computer.

Matthew Wai, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Sigurd Win User

I have had to reinstall Windows so am re-setting things to what I want. As a new install I have the latest version. One thing I don't want is to not have to enter a password on startup. In the past I could do this by using NETPLWIZ.
    There is one user - me as Admin.
    The box one could tick to say whether or not a startup password is needed seems to have gone.
    Has Microsoft changed things?

Sigurd, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed? - Similar Threads - Remove need password

2. Netplwiz Missing Suddenly; Cannot Remove Sign-In Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netplwiz Missing Suddenly; Cannot Remove Sign-In Password: Hello,Suddenly, my Windows 10 system is requiring a password on startup, Previously I did not enter a password and want to keep it this way.When I follow the standard instructions to remove the password requirement on startup, which tell one to use the setting/program...
  3. Netplwiz Missing Suddenly; Cannot Remove Sign-In Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netplwiz Missing Suddenly; Cannot Remove Sign-In Password: Hello,Suddenly, my Windows 10 system is requiring a password on startup, Previously I did not enter a password and want to keep it this way.When I follow the standard instructions to remove the password requirement on startup, which tell one to use the setting/program...
  4. Changing username in netplwiz broke my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing username in netplwiz broke my password: Hi,I just used netplwiz to change my username. After doing so, I log out and went back to see if the change was visible. At that point I see on the lock screen that it still displays the old username. Strange. I type my password to log in and keep going, and ... "the password...
  5. Removing Startup Password.......

Removing Startup Password.......: In past versions of Windows, you could remove the password sign in when starting your computer/laptop by using "control userpasswords2" - OR - "netplwiz"..... But now, with the new updates/upgrades to Windows 10, the section in the dialog box to disable sign in when booting...
  6. Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?: I have had to reinstall Windows so am re-setting things to what I want. As a new install I have the latest version. One thing I don't want is to not have to enter a password on startup. In the past I could do this by using NETPLWIZ. There is one user - me as Admin. The box...
  7. NETPLWIZ Change?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    NETPLWIZ Change?: Bought a new SSD and installed Win 10 Pro. I don't like having to login every time I start my PC. So I would open NETPLWIZ and un-tick the box and no longer need to login. But I noticed on my fresh install of 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804) this option no longer exists. (See...
  8. Startup password change

Startup password change: Overnight my laptop either went into sleep mode or restarted and my startup PIN was changed to a password. I tried to reset password but a window pops up statung “No Drive” and needs a removble media to proceed. How do I fix this issue? The background of my startup was...
  9. Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ?

Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ?: Is remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window in windows may 2020 update ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-password-feature-is-removed-from-netplwiz/16e91d48-ba5b-43fb-981f-6efeed94d156
  10. How to change forgotten password if netplwiz enables access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change forgotten password if netplwiz enables access: I have used netplwiz so I don't have to give a password to use the computer. I would like to be able to change the forgotten password in case some future update requires it. I just installed 1903 and it asked for a password. Fortunately, when I rebooted it didn't ask again...