Windows 10: Remove Network Credentials Pop-up

Discus and support Remove Network Credentials Pop-up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a pc that I have just started using and when I try to access one of the other computers it keeps asking "Enter Network Credentials". How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jackman33, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Jackman33 Win User

Remove Network Credentials Pop-up

I have a pc that I have just started using and when I try to access one of the other computers it keeps asking "Enter Network Credentials". How do I remove that asking? Other computers can share with one another. How can I get rid of this credential request?

Thanks

:)

Jackman33, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Carlos Tin Win User

Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Sep 6, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

Windows Security sign in pop up

Since you are still getting this pop up window, the next suggestion we have is to reset the network. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • On the Status tab, click on Network reset.

Doing this will make Windows forget the connection credentials and other networking components. You may have to re-enter you WiFi credentials if you will attempt to connect to your home network.

Let us know the results.

John Vil, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove Network Credentials Pop-up - Similar Threads - Remove Network Credentials

2. Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Credentials: "Enter network credentials" don't know username nor password, and can't find them. Help!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-credentials/9a8d051f-3afb-4a3a-abf7-183ac95a7a03
  3. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: How do you find your credentials and eliminate having to use that? 120945
  4. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: When I try to connect to my SERVER (Running Windows 10 Pro) from my laptop (Running Windows 10 Pro) It asks me for Network Credentials, This is very annoying as I have turned off 'Password Protected Sharing" in Control Panel! But when I type in the SERVER'S I.P. Address: I...
  5. network credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    network credentials: added a new win10 pc to home network, cannot access from another win10system. Asks for network credentials. file and printer sharing is turned on. password protected sharing is turned off. restarted a couple of times. what am I missing ?...
  6. Network credentials

Network credentials: How do I find my network credentials (user name and password using windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-credentials/544bb265-6304-4fdf-8615-e16f66629ded
  7. network credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    network credentials: how do I find my network credentials for getting to one computer to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/network-credentials/5a264d6d-b154-4085-ab0b-81d2ed1ca00e
  8. Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network Credentials: Hi, I have a new Windows 10 PC and am having issues with Network Credentials. The PC is standalone with only one user. When prompted on setup I entered my Hotmail address and password, which I assume are now also my PC's 'network credentials'. I'm now unable to create a...
  9. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: For the entire time that windows has supported networking, with a few brief exceptions, I have had nothing but trouble with accessing other computers on the network. I have suffered decades of “access denied” and “you don’t have permission.” I have set “allow anyone to do...
  10. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: [img] Could anyone please tell me what I need to enter for "Network Credentials" to access these shared folders on I7PC from I7HASWELL? I have password-protected sharing OFF but I am still asked for account name and password. I7PC has only one account, I enter the account...