Windows 10: Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar

Discus and support Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 on PC (OS build 19041.1052 A recent W10 auto-update added a news & weather icon to my Task Bar. It pops-up at inopportune times and obscures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jhearcht2, Jul 10, 2021.

1. jhearcht2 Win User

Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar

Windows 10 on PC (OS build 19041.1052 A recent W10 auto-update added a news & weather icon to my Task Bar. It pops-up at inopportune times and obscures whatever I'm working on. The box doesn't have an X to close the popup. So, I've learned to click in the box, and then on the workspace in order to minimize the distraction. My question is this : how can I remove the new icon from my Task Bar?

:)

jhearcht2, Jul 10, 2021

2. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar

new taskbar icon

Noticed other taskbar icons that are new. Movies and TV and Weather:

Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar [​IMG]

bobcollard, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar

1. Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar - Similar Threads - Remove News Weather

2. How To Remove News From Weather Widget?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Remove News From Weather Widget?: How do I remove all the weird suspicious "news" articles most of them scams, spams, or otherwise untrustworthy from the weather button on the taskbar? I only want to see the weather, I don't want to be advertised to on my desktop. I've been hiding all the sources I can, but...
  3. remove news from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove news from taskbar: how to remove news from taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-news-from-taskbar/752cded2-6465-47cc-bff1-99b0517ab77e
  4. remove news from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove news from taskbar: how to remove news from taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-news-from-taskbar/752cded2-6465-47cc-bff1-99b0517ab77e
  5. Taskbar News And Weather

Taskbar News And Weather: Why is the News and Weather available only when the taskbar is at the bottom? I prefer my taskbar being at the top of the screen but it isn't available when set there....
  6. Is it possible to completely remove Weather and News? Not to hide it from the taskbar, but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to completely remove Weather and News? Not to hide it from the taskbar, but...: I hate this new "opportunity" that came from latest updates but it seems that "feature" is a part of an important big update. If I don't want to have this feature in my system then I should keep postponing my updates forever, but it's not the way. Yes, I know how to hide it,...
  7. News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon

News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon: Title, it used to show the current weather and temperature but lately it just shows a newspaper icon instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-weather-widget-on-taskbar-not-showing/8b3b302d-dc26-4cd9-a8da-d24a7deb6aa7
  8. Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar: After a recent Win 10 update this weather / news icon appeared on the taskbar, ciecled in red. Can it be removed? Keeps opening up when I try and see the Hidden Icons!...
  9. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar: Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting...
  10. news/weather icon appeared on its own on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    news/weather icon appeared on its own on taskbar: I noticed this yesterday. There is a new icon that shows local weather temperature and when I click on it, it opens a news page. I do not recall ever installing this and how do I go about removing it? Dell latitude e5530 laptop running win10 pro 20H2 ver 19042.964. Thanks...