Windows 10: Remove not listed languages

Discus and support Remove not listed languages in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In the language switcher I see thisBut in installed languages this:How do I remove United Kingdom German from the list?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by theking2, Jun 23, 2024.

1. theking2 Win User

Remove not listed languages

In the language switcher I see thisBut in installed languages this:How do I remove United Kingdom German from the list?

:)

theking2, Jun 23, 2024
  2. Pavan_N Win User

?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Remove not listed languages

Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Remove not listed languages

1. Remove not listed languages - Similar Threads - Remove listed languages

2. Remove not listed languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove not listed languages: In the language switcher I see thisBut in installed languages this:How do I remove United Kingdom German from the list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-not-listed-languages/d4fbacea-458e-4f32-8bdf-d208d0e50462
  3. Remove not listed languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove not listed languages: In the language switcher I see thisBut in installed languages this:How do I remove United Kingdom German from the list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-not-listed-languages/d4fbacea-458e-4f32-8bdf-d208d0e50462
  4. How to remove unnecessary language form the Windows display language list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unnecessary language form the Windows display language list?: Unfortunately, I have chosen English UK language when I set up Windows on my laptop.Now I want to remove this language pack, I set up English US and set it as default and I removed English UK, but English UK still remain in the Window display list and moreover, after each...
  5. How to remove unnecessary language form the Windows display language list?

How to remove unnecessary language form the Windows display language list?: Unfortunately, I have chosen English UK language when I set up Windows on my laptop.Now I want to remove this language pack, I set up English US and set it as default and I removed English UK, but English UK still remain in the Window display list and moreover, after each...
  6. Cannot remove languages and weird language keyboards listings in W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove languages and weird language keyboards listings in W11: Please note the screenshot I attached. I have 3 languages installed, but 4 keyboard layouts. Why?Also, under "Windows Display Language" I have 2 variants - English US and English UK. I want English UK gone, but cannot do it. Remove option is grayed out.Any help?...
  7. Cannot remove languages and weird language keyboards listings in W11

Cannot remove languages and weird language keyboards listings in W11: Please note the screenshot I attached. I have 3 languages installed, but 4 keyboard layouts. Why?Also, under "Windows Display Language" I have 2 variants - English US and English UK. I want English UK gone, but cannot do it. Remove option is grayed out.Any help?...
  8. How do I remove a language under inputs if the language is not listed in Language settings?

How do I remove a language under inputs if the language is not listed in Language settings?: Currently I have 3 languages on my PC for inputs, Australian English, Japanese, and "Chinese Traditional, Taiwan Microsoft Quick"I did not install Microsoft Quick nor Chinese on my PC.The issue is that now when I hit Alt+Shift to cycle between languages, when it hits Chinese,...
  9. Voice still listed after language pack removed

Voice still listed after language pack removed: Hello, I installed some language packs to try out the different voices. I have now clicked the remove button on them but in the drop-down-menu they are still listed. [ATTACH]...
  10. I can't remove a language from the list of display languages

I can't remove a language from the list of display languages: I bought a Lenovo pc in China that runs under a windows 10 pro system. However, when I tried to remove Chinese from the display language list, I found it interesting how Chinese could still be an option after I uninstalled the language pack. Chinese characters appear...