Windows 10: Remove obsolete mapped network drive

Discus and support Remove obsolete mapped network drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; W10 Pro 1803 A new network modem has introduced a new IP range to my LAN so that my previous NFS mounts to W10 are obsolete. However when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hymanwallace, Sep 8, 2018.

1. hymanwallace Win User

Remove obsolete mapped network drive

W10 Pro 1803

A new network modem has introduced a new IP range to my LAN so that my previous NFS mounts to W10 are obsolete. However when I try to delete them through Explorer, Explorer always tries to connect before permitting any action on the mount. After about ten minutes it pops up to tell me that it can't connect and cancels the selection focus.

So? How to remove this mapping? It must be recorded somewhere in Explorer's config or some config that Explorer is reading that I can wack at.

Thanks.

:)

hymanwallace, Sep 8, 2018
  2. hogrnahro Win User

how to remove map network drive in windows 10

i was create map network drive in windows 10
    now i need remove but idont now how removed it

Remove obsolete mapped network drive [​IMG]

hogrnahro, Sep 8, 2018
  3. CraigS Win User
    Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Marque Lor Win User

How to map a network drive

Hi Reese,

For concerns such as mapping a network drive, we have an article that you can follow. Just refer to the steps from this thread:

Map a network drive.

Regards.

Marque Lor, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove obsolete mapped network drive - Similar Threads - Remove obsolete mapped

2. Unable Map Network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable Map Network drive: I have two computers running windows 10. One system can map a drive to my Netgear device while the other fails with the message "System Error 64 has occurred. The network path was not found." I have tried various solutions on the WEB without success. Is there a local...
  3. Map network drive results "the network folder is already mapped using....

Map network drive results "the network folder is already mapped using....: Map network drive results: the network folder is already mapped using..... Windows 10, no domain controller, all machines in "WORKGROUP" I can see the share from other PCs but not the new Win10 pc....
  4. Unable to map a network drive

Unable to map a network drive: My computer has happily been displaying my NAS drive up until today. I can see the device properties yet when i try to map it i am tol cannot map as its mapped with another credential or login. I checked the Reg Edit as per other forum suggestions and it isnt mapped I...
  5. Unable to map network drive (apparently already mapped)

Unable to map network drive (apparently already mapped): So I want to map a network drive on windows 10 and were able to in the past, but now when I try to log in my server I get the message: The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user name and password. To connect using a different user name and...
  6. Unable to Map network drives

Unable to Map network drives: Good afternoon I am running a laptop with dual- booted Win10 (1709) systems. Both Win10 installs have been carried out in the last 3 days because Win10 (1703) would/could not update to 1709. Both systems have the same basic set of applications and security software. I...
  7. Mapping network drive fails

Mapping network drive fails: Hi, My wife and I have our computers networked to each other, until recently there were no problems, she asked to print some photos for her, told me where they were, so I went to the S: drive (her mapped drive) and up popped a window asking to enter network credentials....
  8. how to remove map network drive in windows 10

how to remove map network drive in windows 10: i was create map network drive in windows 10 now i need remove but idont now how removed it [img] 38531
  9. Mapped network drive not visible!!

Mapped network drive not visible!!: Hi all, I'm trying to create a home network using my PC and laptop. I am struggling to get my laptop to 'see' my external HDD that is attached to my PC. I have mapped it on the PC, network sharing has been enabled, and I the 'users' are visible but not the drive. On a...
  10. Problems Trying to Map Network Drives

Problems Trying to Map Network Drives: Hi, I have windows 10 on my home laptop which I have brought in to work, connected up to the wireless network and attemping (and failed) to map the networks drives that are attached to our server. For some reasons, when I try and browser for folders whilst attemping to...