Windows 10: Remove obsolete Windows device

Discus and support Remove obsolete Windows device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What are the implications, if an obsolete device, that could not appear to be 'updatable', is removed from my Microsoft 'list of devices'. If the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Juniper02, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Juniper02 Win User

Remove obsolete Windows device

What are the implications, if an obsolete device, that could not appear to be 'updatable', is removed from my Microsoft 'list of devices'. If the device is not useable, can I delete the device data remotely, or need I contact manufacturer, to 'reset' device?

:)

Juniper02, Feb 23, 2020

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Apple iPhone in Autoplay list

I am unable to remove the listing in Autoplay for Apple Iphone and I spent numerous hours trying to remove it with no luck at all. I followed the steps using the registry as well, still it is shown on the AutoPlay listing.
    Spoke to one IT helpdesk agent and said the only way to get rid of it is to just reinstall Windows in order to remove that option from the list.

I even re-inserted my iPhone to my machine and uninstalled the drivers from Device Manager under Portable Devices.

Obsolete devices in Autoplay list multiple entries for same - Microsoft Community

Update >> I managed to remove it under Devices and Printers. Looks like it does not work under Device Manager.

win10freak, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Remove obsolete Windows device - Similar Threads - Remove obsolete device

2. unable to remove obsolete bitlocker keys that are saved online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove obsolete bitlocker keys that are saved online: I just realized that I have 15 instances of saved bitlocker keys going back many years. They are all obsolete except for 2 of them. When I "delete" them online I get the confirmation dialogue box but upon refresh they all reappear. As a side note when I request a that my...
  3. unable to remove obsolete bitlocker keys that are saved online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to remove obsolete bitlocker keys that are saved online: I just realized that I have 15 instances of saved bitlocker keys going back many years. They are all obsolete except for 2 of them. When I "delete" them online I get the confirmation dialogue box but upon refresh they all reappear. As a side note when I request a that my...
  4. WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps: Hi everyone, first time poster. Truly stumped on this one. I am one of the IT Admins at my employment and we've been trying to stay on top of vulnerabilities reported by our vul. software. A few we keep seeing revolve around some of the widespread Microsoft Store apps and...
  5. WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps: Hi everyone, first time poster. Truly stumped on this one. I am one of the IT Admins at my employment and we've been trying to stay on top of vulnerabilities reported by our vul. software. A few we keep seeing revolve around some of the widespread Microsoft Store apps and...
  6. WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. IFilters are obsolete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IFilters are obsolete?: Hi, I wanted to write my own IFilter, to make it possible to index and search in one of the rarer file formats, but the Microsoft Documentation seems to claim IFilters are obsolete. What is the way I should achieve what I want to do in an up-to-date manner? submitted by...
  8. OBSOLETE PHONE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OBSOLETE PHONE: How can I remove an old obsolete mobile from my windows settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/obsolete-phone/79663490-6908-49e9-a021-04afcf1b1a33
  9. Remove obsolete mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove obsolete mapped network drive: W10 Pro 1803 A new network modem has introduced a new IP range to my LAN so that my previous NFS mounts to W10 are obsolete. However when I try to delete them through Explorer, Explorer always tries to connect before permitting any action on the mount. After about ten...
  10. Why Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool isn't obsolete yet?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool isn't obsolete yet?: I don't get the point about MSRT. Why do you have to download and run it EVERY FRIGGING MONTH? *Confused*Confused*Confused Isn't WD enough? As it scans your system automatically when idle and it has got REAL TIME protection... Or does MSRT do something that other AVs...