Windows 10: Remove OEM programs and apps?

Discus and support Remove OEM programs and apps? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had a new HP desktop computer for about a month. So far it is running smoothly. It has a solid state drive and is amazingly fast and quiet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Grandpa Jim, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Remove OEM programs and apps?

I have had a new HP desktop computer for about a month. So far it is running smoothly. It has a solid state drive and is amazingly fast and quiet.

However, the Reliability History report every day shows one or more errors: update failed, app crashed, etc. Notably, when I click details, ALL have HP somewhere in them. I conclude that Windows is working fine but apps added by HP are problematic.
    Question: Is there any reason not to just remove or uninstall everything added by HP?
    I did this 10 years ago with a Toshiba laptop, and it still performs without any problems.
    [I could, of course, just ignore the Reliability History reports.]

:)

Grandpa Jim, Dec 12, 2019
  2. gorgor Win User

How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates

This became worse and worse over the last 1-2 years. MS did more and more to remove the possibility for users to remove driver updates or Apps which are pushed through Windows Update for devices, especially for laptops. This then includes tons of unwanted Software, Touchpad, Sound, OEM apps, ect. Or just Intel iGPU or Nvidia GPU drivers, which are old OEM builds for example by Dell. This then includes services and UWP apps too.

In the beginning, you could easily disable driver updates through control panel system. This doesnt work anymore since over a year now. I am not sure if this is a bug, or MS secretly deactivated the functionality.

Then they also removed the specific driver and OEM app updates from the Update list, most updates are not listed anymore in the installed update list, you cant remove them anymore after Windows installed them.

wushowhide.diagcab doesnt work too anymore 100%. Most driver updates you flag with them are ignored and Windows still installs them. Most OEM app updates are not even listed to hide.

I had so many issues over the past months on my Dell XPS laptop, because of Windows just pushes and forces broken drivers or apps through Windows Update, and then even ROLLS back drivers. I have literally no control anymore over my PCs.

Here is an example:

Remove OEM programs and apps? [​IMG]

Remove OEM programs and apps? [​IMG]

These forced OEM app updates are not listed in the Updates to remove list. These driver updates are forced through even you deactivated the functionality in several ways. That yellow flagged Intel Media SDK, for example, is broken since weeks and Windows tries to install it everyday and fails.

How do I remove for example the unwanted OEM app "Waves - SoftwareComponent - 5/15/2018 12:00:00 AM" which runs as a service in the background all the time I dont want. Same as "9NB9SRTL2KPT-WavesAudio.WavesMaxxAudioProforDell".

This is just unbelievable. There has to be a way to deactivate this out of control nonsense. And also remove the already installed updates.

gorgor, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Remove OEM programs and apps?

Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Remove OEM programs and apps?

1. Remove OEM programs and apps? - Similar Threads - Remove OEM programs

2. OEM Licensing Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM Licensing Program: Good day.I am building my own laptops/desktops/all in ones under an independent label.So I am looking for a link or further information of how to enroll in the OEM program so I can install the OS upon building the system.RegardsRoger...
  3. OEM Licensing Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OEM Licensing Program: Good day.I am building my own laptops/desktops/all in ones under an independent label.So I am looking for a link or further information of how to enroll in the OEM program so I can install the OS upon building the system.RegardsRoger...
  4. OEM Licensing Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot remove a app/program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove a app/program: Hi Guys I installed the GREENSHOT image program, decided I don't want it but cannot UNinstall it. W10 I have tried different ways, including my favorite Revo uninstall. I keep getting message " cannot uninstall as you have it running" I cannot see it running anywhere...
  6. Removing the OEM license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removing the OEM license: I bought a Windows 10 DVD which had an OEM license. What is the procedure for removing the key from my current laptop and reactivating it in my another laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-oem-license/a42debfe-4cb5-4a7c-8b6f-4baf4ec53456"
  7. remove app/program

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove app/program: I downloaded a search engine (DuckDuckGo) that I want to remove, but it doesn't show up in my apps or programs. How can find it to delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-appprogram/51fe4c15-4979-45e8-9ae2-37aa90c76109
  8. How to remove programs/apps that cannot be removed the usual way

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove programs/apps that cannot be removed the usual way: Hello, My computer has a SSD that is nearly full. When I looked to see what was taking up the space (nearly half) its turns out to be mostly Microsoft Apps and misc programs that I didn;t download and will never use. How can I remove these apps/programs outside of the...
  9. How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates: This became worse and worse over the last 1-2 years. MS did more and more to remove the possibility for users to remove driver updates or Apps which are pushed through Windows Update for devices, especially for Laptops. In the beginning, you could easily disable driver...
  10. program removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program removal: I signed up for Scanguard and now I can't find it in order to uninstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/program-removal/21ac1e99-d17e-4393-976f-d38d62b90d13

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove oem apps windows 10