Windows 10: Remove Old Certificates

Discus and support Remove Old Certificates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I remove expired certificates from my edge://settings/privacy area?&How do I remove expired certificates from my Windows 10 Pro system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HandymanGirl, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Remove Old Certificates

How do I remove expired certificates from my edge://settings/privacy area?&How do I remove expired certificates from my Windows 10 Pro system settings?I’m just trying to keep all privacy settings up to date and I’ve read on many sites it can be dangerous to keep expired certificates on your system. As with anything Microsoft/Windows you have to look for them in multiple locations. This is why I have the two different questions listed. The last time this was answered was 2015. I’d prefer a more up to date answer. Thank you

:)

HandymanGirl, Jan 14, 2022

2. removing old digital certificates in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to remove old certificates. I will be glad to assist you with this.

If you would let us know the conflicts that you are referring to, we will be glad to assist you.

To view the certificates in Internet Explorer, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type inetcpl.cpl to open the internet properties window.

3. Click on "content" tab and click "certificates".

4. All the available certificates will be listed there.

5. Locate the particular certificate that you are looking for and remove it.

You can also try the steps below to view the certificates:

1. Open run command.

2. Type certmgr.msc and press enter

3. Certificates are stored in the folders under Certificates - Current User. You might have to search through the folders to find the certificate you're looking for.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 14, 2022
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Remove Old Certificates

removing old digital certificates in windows 10

How do I remove old digital certificates in windows 10? In older IE versions it used to be in internet tools, but now that options seems to be developer tools where I cannot find security or certificates. The older certificates seem to be conflicting
    with work-related site access.

gmancleveland, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Remove Old Certificates

1. Remove Old Certificates - Similar Threads - Remove Old Certificates

2. Removing an old account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing an old account: When I am prompted to sign in to MSN, an old account email address automatically pops up. It is an old work-related account that I used before retiring. I have to delete it and then put in my personal MSN email. How can I delete this old account email?...
  3. Removing an old account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing an old account: When I am prompted to sign in to MSN, an old account email address automatically pops up. It is an old work-related account that I used before retiring. I have to delete it and then put in my personal MSN email. How can I delete this old account email?...
  4. Old Certification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Certification: I passed MCSE NT 4.0 back in year 2000.How can I link this certification to my current Microsoft account?? I have an MS certification ID #, but unsure if still valid or active.This is so a prospective employer can validate certification.Thanks...
  5. Old Certification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Certification: I passed MCSE NT 4.0 back in year 2000.How can I link this certification to my current Microsoft account?? I have an MS certification ID #, but unsure if still valid or active.This is so a prospective employer can validate certification.Thanks...
  6. Remove Old Certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Old Certificates: How do I remove expired certificates from my edge://settings/privacy area?&How do I remove expired certificates from my Windows 10 Pro system settings?I’m just trying to keep all privacy settings up to date and I’ve read on many sites it can be dangerous to keep expired...
  7. Remove Old Certificates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Old Certificates: How do I remove expired certificates from my edge://settings/privacy area?&How do I remove expired certificates from my Windows 10 Pro system settings?I’m just trying to keep all privacy settings up to date and I’ve read on many sites it can be dangerous to keep expired...
  8. Windows changed my PFX certificate - Old certificate will not import

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows changed my PFX certificate - Old certificate will not import: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.928 Hey guys. This is the second time my Windows machine has decided to change my PFX certificate on me without asking/warning. I have an external HDD with files that are encrypted with a PFX file that I created in 2018. About 6 months...
  9. Removal Of old user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removal Of old user: [img] When i try to remove this old user I get this but no indications how to do it all help great fully appreciated 133445
  10. Remove Old OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove Old OS: I was running 7 and wanting a fresh install for 10. I created a new partition and installed 10. Now after a bit I'd like to format the old partition where win 7 is running but I'm afraid the boot manager still resides on there. I've gone into system configuration and into the...