Windows 10: remove old computers from network

Discus and support remove old computers from network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I followed some suggestions about removing old computers from my network but without success. I would know the reason why windows is displaying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alme1, Aug 16, 2020.

1. alme1 Win User

remove old computers from network

Hi, I followed some suggestions about removing old computers from my network but without success. I would know the reason why windows is displaying computer names that have been deleted years ! ago. Why I'm not able to delete them? Is it available a method without resetting the all network? Why some things are so difficult to implement in windows?

Thanks

:)

alme1, Aug 16, 2020

2. how do i remove old computers from my network?

Hello BigBoox,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Verify if you're concern is regarding Homegroup. If yes, have you tried performing the steps below to remove old computers from your network:
    • Press Windows key + E, then go to Homegroup.
    • Select your <computername> and click on "Remove <computername> from the homegroup" link.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Rick059 Win User
    Can't remove a networked computer

Hello all, can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere on the forum. I appreciate any help you all can provide.

I'm running Windows 10 and in the files explorer window, on the left under Network, I have an old computer listed as a networked computer. It does not show up under Homegroup. I want to remove this computer but can't figure out how to do that. Note the
    old computer no longer exists on the network at all (it was disassembled/smashed by an 8 year old!).

Any clues on how to remove this as a listed option under network? Thanks.

Rick059, Aug 16, 2020
  4. remove old computers from network

How to delete old share from showing up in network

Use these steps to remove a mapped network drive using Command Prompt:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
    3. Type the following command to delete the mapped network drive and press Enter: net use d: /delete In the command, replace the “d” for the drive letter of the mapped drive you’re trying to remove.

Code:
      In the command, replace the “d” for the drive letter of the mapped drive you’re trying to remove.

4. Restart your computer.

After you complete the steps, the mapped network drive should not longer be available on your device.

FreeBooter, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

remove old computers from network

1. remove old computers from network - Similar Threads - remove old computers

2. Cannot remove account from old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove account from old computer: I am having trouble deleting my account from my old laptop.The laptop has been removed from my Microsoft profile/account.I've tried to follow the "account deletion" process but don't see the "Remove" option.The log in on the computer is flagged as a local adminsitrator, how...
  3. Cannot remove account from old computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove account from old computer: I am having trouble deleting my account from my old laptop.The laptop has been removed from my Microsoft profile/account.I've tried to follow the "account deletion" process but don't see the "Remove" option.The log in on the computer is flagged as a local adminsitrator, how...
  4. Cannot remove account from old computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to remove a Network from my Computer

How to remove a Network from my Computer: I returned home from vacation to find that someone hacked into my computer and created a network. I tried wiping and restarting my computer but it is still there. Is there any way I can remove the network. I have tried stopping all networking in msc, but it doesn't seem to...
  6. remove unidentified computer from network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove unidentified computer from network: Greetings How can I remove an unidentified computer from network? Besides my pc I see in network a computer named RalinkLinuxClient right click allows only to create shortcut or show properties I'm in windows 10 pro winver 1809 with a lousy router-modem (cable) by sagemcom...
  7. Removing a user from an old computer

Removing a user from an old computer: "delete the Microsoft Account and make the other account as administrator." If I delete the Microsoft Account, my wife can't use her new computer without a Microsoft Account, right? How do I give her old windows computer to someone else while moving everything form her...
  8. Remove Windows 10 from Old Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remove Windows 10 from Old Computer: I was bought Windows 10 Pro at November 27, 2016. Now, the computer broke and unusable. Now, i buy new computer with Windows 10 Home. Can i remove the windows 10 from my old computer and install it to my new windows. How to request Activation Key if i bought in Windows Store?...
  9. Remove Computer From Network In File Manager

Remove Computer From Network In File Manager: I changed the name of a new Windows 10 computer and restarted it. The computer name changed as I expected, but now when I go to Network in Windows Explorer (File Manager) there's an icon in the Computer category for both the old name and the new name. And when I expand...
  10. how to remove old network data

how to remove old network data: I have several old Ethernet Networks listed on my Pc. They do not show in Network and Sharing centre, but show up as a record in "View your network properties". They are old connections and I want to remove the record of them as I wont ever reconnect to them. Is there a...