Windows 10: REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT

Discus and support REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been trying to remove my old email account with Microsoft and am unable to do so. It is being used for fraudulent purchases and causing me a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ccride, Jan 11, 2020.

1. ccride Win User

REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT

I have been trying to remove my old email account with Microsoft and am unable to do so. It is being used for fraudulent purchases and causing me a lot of issues. This old email was supposed to be disabled in Dec 2019; however it is still active.

I have a gmail address that I know use and just want to get rid of the aol email address from my life.

What can I do? I've read all the emails and tried everything I can and nothing seems to work. This account is still there.

Connie Corwin

:)

ccride, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 11, 2020
  3. How to add a Microsoft email account to Outlook 2016

I saw an old post describing the steps to add an msn.com email account to Microsoft Outlook. It had to be done manually selecting the first option and using blu404.m.hotmail as the server. If I try to do the same, however, I get an error message saying that the server can't be reached.

How can I add a Microsoft email account (hotmail/outlook) to desktop Outlook? I can use this email account in Outlook Live, (it shows Outlook Mail in the upper left corner of my emails), but I can't add it to Outlook 2016 from Office Professional. I was able to add an @att.net email account, but I don't know what to do for a Microsoft account.

If I try to add it without any manual steps I get an error message saying (more or less): "an encrypted email did not work, try and unencrypted email", but that does not work either. Clearly, some manual configuration is needed: please guide me along the required steps. In case it matters, my password is 8 characters long.

Karen Clayton, Jan 11, 2020
  4. REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT

Windows 10 Old Microsoft account issue.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I suggest you to login to you’re built in admin account and then remove your old Microsoft account from here and check if it helps.

Step 1: Enable built in admin account

In search type "cmd" and right click on the command prompt and open as Administrator (Elevated command prompt).

In the elevated Command Prompt, type the following command and then press Enter key.

Net user administrator /active:yes, close the Command Prompt.

Restart PC, then you will be able to see Administrator account. Login here and do the changes.

Step 2: Remove the old Microsoft account

• Click on Start and select Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Now from your email and accounts
      select your old account and click on Remove and follow the instructions.

To hide the Admin account, use the below command:

net user administrator /active:no

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT

1. REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT - Similar Threads - REMOVE OLD EMAIL

2. How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove old work Microsoft email account?: Hello,I recently got a new job, and the work email of my previous job has been deleted I can no longer log into it. But, it still shows up on my personal laptop and keep getting error notifications. I want to remove it, but there is no remove option. Just "manage." See the...
  3. How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove old work Microsoft email account?: Hello,I recently got a new job, and the work email of my previous job has been deleted I can no longer log into it. But, it still shows up on my personal laptop and keep getting error notifications. I want to remove it, but there is no remove option. Just "manage." See the...
  4. How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Removing old Microsoft Account

Removing old Microsoft Account: I have several Microsoft online accounts, one with my current business address, one with my gmail address, and an old one for a business that doesn't work anymore - the domain isn't even registered. The gmail address isn't registered to anything on my PC, but the other two...
  6. Removing old Microsoft accounts

Removing old Microsoft accounts: Whenever I logged into my laptop, I get notified to fix my work/school account which is my old Microsoft account. I clicked on the account to remove it but I can't seem to see the remove button for it that appears on many searches I've made online to remove it.I've also tried...
  7. remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10

remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10: My system has an old microsoft accountdoes not exist anymore that is still in email & accounts section. How do I remove that account from my system if I don't have access to that account anymore. I am the administrator on my system. Thanks...
  8. Removing an old microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing an old microsoft account: What do I do to remove an old Microsoft account in Windows 10? I have tried to get into the account to remove it but could not remember the password. I tried a number of passwords and got locked out. I tried getting a code sent to another email address. I got this but...
  9. Remove old email address from Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove old email address from Microsoft Account: Hi, I have an issue with my Microsoft Account, where despite removing my old email address from my account, on some logins on the Microsoft website it still prompts me to receive an confirmation email on my old address, which I no longer use, but I know the password and can...
  10. Remove an old email account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove an old email account.: I have recently changed the email account with which I log in to Microsoft. However, I am now getting regular notifications stating "We need to fix your Microsoft account (your password has probably been changed). Select here to fix it in the Shared experience setting" When...