Windows 10: Remove old email address from Microsoft Account

Discus and support Remove old email address from Microsoft Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with my Microsoft Account, where despite removing my old email address from my account, on some logins on the Microsoft website it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TuxPuf, Nov 22, 2019.

1. TuxPuf Win User

Remove old email address from Microsoft Account

Hi,

I have an issue with my Microsoft Account, where despite removing my old email address from my account, on some logins on the Microsoft website it still prompts me to receive an confirmation email on my old address, which I no longer use, but I know the password and can login to it.

I have searched on the web but I only found how to remove Microsoft Accounts from the computer, and use a local account and how to delete your Microsoft Account.

Hopefully someone can help me.

:)

TuxPuf, Nov 22, 2019

2. remove old email address

need assistance in removing an old email address from microsoft accounts after old email provider closed down

johnwagoner3, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Delete old email sign in address

Hi,

Difficulties verifying the old security details in your Microsoft account may result in errors canceling or removing the profile. For us to rectify the account removal concern, we'd like to verify the following information:

• Where exactly are you prompted to sign in with the old email address?
    • Have you tried resetting the password for the old account to recover it?
    • Were you able to log in successfully on your account online?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your account prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

It is normal to get a code like that for two-step verification.

You should be seeing this below from the link I posted above after signing in with your Microsoft account.

This is where you can manage your aliases for your Microsoft account.

Remove old email address from Microsoft Account [​IMG]

Brink, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Remove old email address from Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Remove old email

2. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  3. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  4. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Removing old email addresses from Microsoft records.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing old email addresses from Microsoft records.: How do I completely remove 2 non-working email addresses from all Microsoft Accounts for myself. I only have one working email address. I hoping to reduce any confusion when I sign-in. My email address is not one of Microsoft's email programs and it's my hope that making sure...
  6. Removing old email addresses from Microsoft records.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing old email addresses from Microsoft records.: How do I completely remove 2 non-working email addresses from all Microsoft Accounts for myself. I only have one working email address. I hoping to reduce any confusion when I sign-in. My email address is not one of Microsoft's email programs and it's my hope that making sure...
  7. Removing old email addresses from Microsoft records.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Microsoft Account old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account old email address: I am in a never ending loop with microsoft account.I am trying to get rid of an email addresss that I have not had for 7 years from my account I have added the alternative email address phone number Ietc.Every time I try to go into change it it sends me into a 30 day loop...
  9. REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT: I have been trying to remove my old email account with Microsoft and am unable to do so. It is being used for fraudulent purchases and causing me a lot of issues. This old email was supposed to be disabled in Dec 2019; however it is still active. I have a gmail address...
  10. remove old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove old email address: need assistance in removing an old email address from microsoft accounts after old email provider closed down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-old-email-address/5fae1829-8a83-4cb5-b8dd-d8868e58ebe8