Windows 10: remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10

Discus and support remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My system has an old microsoft accountdoes not exist anymore that is still in email & accounts section. How do I remove that account from my system if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelDunstan, Oct 6, 2020.

1. remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10

My system has an old microsoft accountdoes not exist anymore that is still in email & accounts section. How do I remove that account from my system if I don't have access to that account anymore. I am the administrator on my system.

Thanks

:)

MichaelDunstan, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10 :(

Zakin, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10

1. remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10 - Similar Threads - remove old microsoft

2. How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings: Hello, I transferred out of my old school JMU and I can't get into the old Microsoft account at all. I want to remove it from my computer because it keeps sending me the "problem with work or school account" notification and when I go to fix it by clicking manage, it prompts...
  3. How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings: Hello, I transferred out of my old school JMU and I can't get into the old Microsoft account at all. I want to remove it from my computer because it keeps sending me the "problem with work or school account" notification and when I go to fix it by clicking manage, it prompts...
  4. How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. email removal from Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email removal from Microsoft Account: I am trying to remove an email account from my Microsoft account but with no success. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-removal-from-microsoft-account/661f5b24-72b2-43f8-908f-b0767d65e079
  6. Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10: I cannot remove an account from Settings / Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a...
  7. REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT: I have been trying to remove my old email account with Microsoft and am unable to do so. It is being used for fraudulent purchases and causing me a lot of issues. This old email was supposed to be disabled in Dec 2019; however it is still active. I have a gmail address...
  8. Remove old email address from Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove old email address from Microsoft Account: Hi, I have an issue with my Microsoft Account, where despite removing my old email address from my account, on some logins on the Microsoft website it still prompts me to receive an confirmation email on my old address, which I no longer use, but I know the password and can...
  9. Remove an old email account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove an old email account.: I have recently changed the email account with which I log in to Microsoft. However, I am now getting regular notifications stating "We need to fix your Microsoft account (your password has probably been changed). Select here to fix it in the Shared experience setting" When...
  10. Removing an email from a microsoft 10 account

Removing an email from a microsoft 10 account: I have a work computer which has its own microsoft account attached to it. I logged into my microsoft account to download an adobe program and accidentally connected my account to the device. I removed the device from my account online, but in the settings, it still has my...