Windows 10: Remove old SharePoint (OD for Business) in Windows Explorer?

Discus and support Remove old SharePoint (OD for Business) in Windows Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all! After experimenting with Office for Business through work I determined that a person O365 was a better way to go (mostly because of how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daroga, Sep 2, 2015.

1. daroga Win User

Remove old SharePoint (OD for Business) in Windows Explorer?

Hi all!

After experimenting with Office for Business through work I determined that a person O365 was a better way to go (mostly because of how limited OneDrive for Business seems compared to the personal version).

Anyway, after uninstalling office, the OD for Business application is gone, the SharePoint options don't show up in save dialog s in Word, etc, anymore. However, I still have the link in the navigation pane in Windows Explorer. It's got a generic white file icon now and doesn't function, but it's still there.

Any thoughts on how to get rid of it? It lives in-between my personal OneDrive folder link And the "This PC" tree.

Thanks!

:)

daroga, Sep 2, 2015
  2. M24VF Win User

OneDrive for Business (Sharepoint) Application Syncing Old Files?

I have downloaded the latest Onedrive for Business sync client and it does not sync properly. This is on Windows 10. It also has the same behavior on Mac OSX.

I have set it up as per the instructions (adding registry/library settings)

It syncs fine, except for the fact that it syncs an old version of the Sharepoint site. Documents from several months ago, nothing is up to date.

What is going on? How can I fix this?

M24VF, Sep 2, 2015
  3. OneDrive for Business (Sharepoint) Application Syncing Old Files?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to click on the link below and click on
    Can't get to OneDrive? Check service status. It will check the status of the OneDrive.

Troubleshoot OneDrive sync problems

OneDrive help - Office Support

You can also run the Troubleshooter given under the section Note
    at the bottom part of the page. I would also suggest you to check the event viewer at the time of failure.

Event Viewer is an advanced tool that displays detailed information about significant events on your computer. It can be helpful when troubleshooting problems and errors with Windows and
    other programs.

To get to event viewer in Windows 10.

• Go to the Start Screen. Type in
      Event Viewer.

• This will bring up the
      Event Viewer
      box. Click to open the event viewer.

• In the left pane, expand out
      Windows Logs.
    Click on Application log. Highlight the first event in the log and use your arrow keys to scroll down. Most of your event will be Information. You may see Yellow Warnings or Red Errors. If you see a red
    error, you can double click on it to bring it up and copy the contents to a document.
    Copy the complete error message and paste it, so we check the complete error message.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Remove old SharePoint (OD for Business) in Windows Explorer?

1. Remove old SharePoint (OD for Business) in Windows Explorer? - Similar Threads - Remove old SharePoint

2. Remove old business accounts from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove old business accounts from Windows 11: I have multiple old Microsoft business and school accounts on my device. These accounts are no longer active, and I can't sign in to them. How do I remove them? I can find them under "Accounts used by other apps", but it only shows the option "manage", which requires me to...
  3. Remove old business accounts from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove old business accounts from Windows 11: I have multiple old Microsoft business and school accounts on my device. These accounts are no longer active, and I can't sign in to them. How do I remove them? I can find them under "Accounts used by other apps", but it only shows the option "manage", which requires me to...
  4. Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer: Hi, Does anyone know if there is a quicker way to remove files from file explorer that are syncing?At the minute I go into OneDrive > Help & Settings > Settings, find the folder and click Stop Syncing.Then I go into File Explorer and delete the folder when the cloud icon has...
  5. Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer: Hi, Does anyone know if there is a quicker way to remove files from file explorer that are syncing?At the minute I go into OneDrive > Help & Settings > Settings, find the folder and click Stop Syncing.Then I go into File Explorer and delete the folder when the cloud icon has...
  6. Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. SharePoint link/shortcut in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SharePoint link/shortcut in Windows Explorer: Is there a way to add a SharePoint shortcut to Windows Explorer? (just like OneDrive) Alternatively, I am wondering if I can directly upload files from Outlook to SharePoint storage. submitted by /u/drongo1210 [link] [comments]...
  8. Restore SharePoint mappings in Windows Explorer

Restore SharePoint mappings in Windows Explorer: All In my company we use a selfmade tool which makes a backup of network mappings, installed network printers, specific user settings, custom files/folders, ... We are now in a transition to Office 365 and SharePoint. If you go via a web browser to a SharePoint Document...
  9. Remove synced Sharepoint folder from Windows Explorer

Remove synced Sharepoint folder from Windows Explorer: I had set up synchronization between a Teams document library and Windows Explorer via the Sharepoint sync function. I have deleted the Team as it is no longer required. Windows Explorer still shows it and shows an error message for syncing. How do I get rid of the link in...
  10. New usage reports for SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and...

in Windows 10 News
    New usage reports for SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and...: Since the first rollout of the usage activity dashboard in March, we’ve continued our work to provide you with a better reporting experience. Many of the old usage reports have now been migrated to the new admin center. Today, we are happy to announce three new usage reports...