Windows 10: Remove old Win 10 Versions

Discus and support Remove old Win 10 Versions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have done this before, but for some reason I don't have a clue! I am running an Intel Stick & need the memory space! 69900 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tully, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Tully Win User

Remove old Win 10 Versions

I have done this before, but for some reason I don't have a clue!
    I am running an Intel Stick & need the memory space!

:)

Tully, Nov 14, 2016

2. Win 10 problem

Why does win 10 need to remove "repair&restore from old version,in order to install the upgrade?

JosephMackin, Nov 14, 2016
  3. Sanwin2 Win User
    Win 10 wont activate after upgrade from Win 10(32 bit) to Win 10 (64 bit)

The free upgrade offer for Windows 10 is a like for like offer. If your old OS was 32bit, that's the version of Windows 10 you'll get free. Likewise if your old OS was a Home version, that's the version of Win 10 you'll get free. If you had a pro version
    then WIn 10 will be pro too.

If your games worked on Win 7 32bit they should work on win 10 32bit.

Sanwin2, Nov 14, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

The standard way to remove the old windows installs is to use Disk Clean Up. Click the 'clean system files' button and the old installations will be listed there. Note you will loose ALL files from windows.old. You may first want to look through and save copies of any that you need to keep. There's a Tutorial here...
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Thema:

1. Remove old Win 10 Versions - Similar Threads - Remove old Versions

2. Why do Windows 10 updates ALWAYS remove old versions of Solitaire?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do Windows 10 updates ALWAYS remove old versions of Solitaire?: My 88 year old mother loves the old version of Solitaire from Winaero I have installed on her PC. But every single windows update rips it from her PC. Why??? What does MS care if she uses the old version as the new version sucks? Doesn't MS realize that trying to shove...
  3. Windows 10 Old Version

Windows 10 Old Version: Hello Microsoft Community! I'm very happy with everything you made, but I hope if you let me get back the 2015 version, it was nicer and faster than the 2020 version, in my opinion, I'm happy more with 2015 version. Please Get it back....
  4. windows 10 old version skipping version 2004

windows 10 old version skipping version 2004: Is there any safe place to find Windows 10 earlier versions to get the .iso file? Reason: In the official ms website,only version 2004 is available & there's a lot of bugs/problems that causing pc not function properly.Thus for a clean installation, previous version is...
  5. Windows 10: Removal of old (old, old) Windows installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Removal of old (old, old) Windows installation: I have followed a few threads on manual removal of the Windows.old folder after automatic methods do not work, and none that I have seen has addressed the particular version of the problem I am seeing, which is that there appears to be a hard link embedded in this folder,...
  6. Windows Apps Folder Not Removing Old Versions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Apps Folder Not Removing Old Versions: My windowsapps folder contain multiple versions of apps i no longer have installed such as candy crush saga and disneymagic kingdoms. How can i delete the items from windowsapps?...
  7. version of win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    version of win 10: sir/madam tell me the latest version of windows 10 and all its information, means build no. and whatever https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/version-of-win-10/b6e6d40d-fc6d-4686-baa6-0f77a7a72b6f
  8. WIN anniversary update automatically reverting to old version

WIN anniversary update automatically reverting to old version: I have tried several times to update to the anniversary update, and at the start, everything is going fine. the update installs correctly, and is working fine. but when i try to turn off the computer, it won't. the screen goes black, but 30 seconds later if i touch the mouse,...
  9. Can I remove an old version of Win 7 on my D drive?

Can I remove an old version of Win 7 on my D drive?: Can I remove an old version of Win 7 on my d drive? It was my C drive years ago and I kept it for backup after I installed an SSD with Win 10 as the C drive. I don't need to get every little bit off, but can I just delete the Windows folder? I know I've installed a few...
  10. Win 10 from Media Creation Tool is old version?

Win 10 from Media Creation Tool is old version?: I created a USB drive of Win 10 from the Media Creation tool, yesterday. All the files had a 2015 date on them and I "assumed" it was an old version. I then downloaded the ISO version and and created the USB drive with Rufus and it is the 1607 version. 59339