Windows 10: REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK

Discus and support REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hI, I have m.2 nvme ssd. on this drive there is old window 10. i can see this dirive on my window list as drive D. How can i delet this window program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by govindpatel_851, Aug 5, 2022.

1. REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK

hI, I have m.2 nvme ssd. on this drive there is old window 10. i can see this dirive on my window list as drive D. How can i delet this window program from my drive. not: oprating window 10 is on my c: drive. ?.

:)

govindpatel_851, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Suupala Win User

Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Thank you for the reply, muchomurka! As I indicated in my post, I have already tried all the steps you suggested to no avail:

- I cannot choose startup repair since the computer does not boot from the installation media
    - I cannot use command prompt since the computer does not boot further than the POST screen
    - I have disconnected and tried out all hard drives individually.

Since I had Win 10 up and running a few hours ago, I can say with 100% certainty that none of the hardware is faulty.

The real mystery is, how come the system won't boot from any media without an empty disk containing an old Vista boot sector being on top of the boot priority list? And which steps to take now that I've cleaned this disk and it does not exist anymore?

Would appreciate any ideas and pointers!

Suupala, Aug 5, 2022
  3. geotso Win User
    Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Aug 5, 2022
  4. REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK

1. REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK - Similar Threads - REMOVE OLD WINDOW

2. REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK: hI, I have m.2 nvme ssd. on this drive there is old window 10. i can see this dirive on my window list as drive D. How can i delet this window program from my drive. not: oprating window 10 is on my c: drive. ?....
  3. REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REMOVE OLD WINDOW FROM THE DISK: hI, I have m.2 nvme ssd. on this drive there is old window 10. i can see this dirive on my window list as drive D. How can i delet this window program from my drive. not: oprating window 10 is on my c: drive. ?....
  4. Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?: I have 2 SSDs in my laptop. I fresh installed Windows on what was previously my D drive. My old C drive still has EFI System and Recovery partitions and I can find no way to remove them. I've tried disk management, when I right-click the partition there is only help option,...
  5. Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?: I have 2 SSDs in my laptop. I fresh installed Windows on what was previously my D drive. My old C drive still has EFI System and Recovery partitions and I can find no way to remove them. I've tried disk management, when I right-click the partition there is only help option,...
  6. Remove OS from OLD Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove OS from OLD Hard Disk Drive: Hello, I installed an SSD on my Laptop. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on the SSD and formatted the old HDD, but somehow when I boot up my laptop it still goes to the Windows Boot Manager asking which operating system to use. I probably made a mistake because the HDD...
  7. Removing a user from an old computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a user from an old computer: "delete the Microsoft Account and make the other account as administrator." If I delete the Microsoft Account, my wife can't use her new computer without a Microsoft Account, right? How do I give her old windows computer to someone else while moving everything form her...
  8. Removing Windows from an old hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Windows from an old hard drive: How do I remove Windows from an old hard drive without reformatting it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-windows-from-an-old-hard-drive/c902e4cf-8e2f-4b69-81b9-c8d6954a1a4f"
  9. Remove Windows 10 from Old Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remove Windows 10 from Old Computer: I was bought Windows 10 Pro at November 27, 2016. Now, the computer broke and unusable. Now, i buy new computer with Windows 10 Home. Can i remove the windows 10 from my old computer and install it to my new windows. How to request Activation Key if i bought in Windows Store?...
  10. Disk Cleanup cant remove 44GB of old windows installations

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup cant remove 44GB of old windows installations: Hey I decided today to cleanup my C:/ drive a bit, and I saw that I have a windows.old file. Its size is 4.52GB on disk. When I started Disk Cleanup, it said I can 44.6GB worth of old windows installations. does not seem right at all since windows.old is at 4.52GB only. Is...