Windows 10: Remove old work account

Discus and support Remove old work account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an old work account that is no longer active. I can't delete the account because it requires a password and I get a message saying the account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LouisSasso1, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Remove old work account

I have an old work account that is no longer active. I can't delete the account because it requires a password and I get a message saying the account is no longer active and can't get to where it can be deleted. I receive daily pop-ups telling me there is a work account problem which I'm sure is due to this old account. Please let me know how this old work account can be removed.

:)

LouisSasso1, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Deleting an old workplace account

Hello - I'm trying to remove an old workplace account from my personal computer, but going round in circles.

In the list of accounts it's in the "Accounts used by other apps" section.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

BrianParkinson1, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Remove old work account

Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Remove old work account

1. Remove old work account - Similar Threads - Remove old account

2. Remove an old work account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an old work account.: Hello,I have a Windows 11 laptop, and a family subscription to Windows & Office.I left my previous company over a year ago. The laptop keeps producing notification to authenticate for Microsoft "Lists" with the old work account. No other Microsoft apps are doing this, and the...
  3. Remove an old work account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an old work account.: Hello,I have a Windows 11 laptop, and a family subscription to Windows & Office.I left my previous company over a year ago. The laptop keeps producing notification to authenticate for Microsoft "Lists" with the old work account. No other Microsoft apps are doing this, and the...
  4. I can't remove an old Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove an old Work Account: Before, Im using my laptop for both work and personal so Ive added my work account on my laptop. Now that i'm not part of the company, i need to remove all contents related to them. I tried to remove the work account but there is no option on my end. If I go to accounts >...
  5. Removing an old account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing an old account: When I am prompted to sign in to MSN, an old account email address automatically pops up. It is an old work-related account that I used before retiring. I have to delete it and then put in my personal MSN email. How can I delete this old account email?...
  6. Removing an old account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing an old account: When I am prompted to sign in to MSN, an old account email address automatically pops up. It is an old work-related account that I used before retiring. I have to delete it and then put in my personal MSN email. How can I delete this old account email?...
  7. Removing an old account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Account removal from old device not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account removal from old device not working: I used to have a home device where I was signed in to my microsoft account. The old device is still in use but I have my own personal device where I am logged in to the same account. Now I want to remove the account from the home device. When I click on Manage my accounts in...
  9. Removing old account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing old account: I have a surface pro and I set it up with an email address. However, I do not have access to this email address anymore or remember the password. I want to delete this account and change it to my new existing microsoft account. I have tried signing in by filling out...
  10. Remove Old Work Account no longer work there

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Old Work Account no longer work there: I keep getting error messages saying there is something wrong with my Microsoft Account. When I look over the Account Details, I see a Work Email Address that is no longer valid no longer work there. I have tried everything I can and have NOT been able to remove the OLD...