Windows 10: remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt

Discus and support remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just did a new install of Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, and under my user name is onedrive. I don't use it nor want it there. Do I just create another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SusannBee, Mar 2, 2019.

1. SusannBee Win User

remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt

Just did a new install of Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, and under my user name is onedrive. I don't use it nor want it there.

Do I just create another user name and then after it's set up delete the old one or HOW do I get rid of this folder set up?

Thanks much,

Suoe

:)

SusannBee, Mar 2, 2019
  2. JE0005 Win User

does file history include subdirectories?

Does Win 10 File History backup feature automatically include all subdirectories of folders that are added to the include list?

That is, if I specify c:\users\username, will all subdirectories under c:\users\username automatically get backed up? Or do I have to manually add each subdirectory?

JE0005, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 2, 2019
  4. remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt

1. remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt - Similar Threads - remove OneDrive subdirectory

2. How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?: First show the picture of the folders under "C:\Users\.":My question is, "How can I delete the file named TEMP and TEMP.MSI?"A. The current profile situation:I have only 2 user-account in the computer now, which is "Default" and "HsuChaChuen".This information is checked in...
  3. How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?: First show the picture of the folders under "C:\Users\.":My question is, "How can I delete the file named TEMP and TEMP.MSI?"A. The current profile situation:I have only 2 user-account in the computer now, which is "Default" and "HsuChaChuen".This information is checked in...
  4. How to Remove a OneDrive Personal User Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove a OneDrive Personal User Account?: Hello everyone,When I am saving a Word document as 'save as' I see more than one OneDrive personal user account which I don't need. How do I remove the additional OneDrive personal user account? I have Windows 11 installed on a pc and I'm subscribed to Microsoft 365. Your...
  5. How to Remove a OneDrive Personal User Account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove a OneDrive Personal User Account?: Hello everyone,When I am saving a Word document as 'save as' I see more than one OneDrive personal user account which I don't need. How do I remove the additional OneDrive personal user account? I have Windows 11 installed on a pc and I'm subscribed to Microsoft 365. Your...
  6. OneDrive - Removing & Not Synching User Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Removing & Not Synching User Folders: How do I get OneDrive to stop synching user folders and remove those folders from OneDrive?I only want on OneDrive the files I put there. I do not want OneDrive to synch with the user folders on my computer....
  7. Undo user folder location change/ failed to build regular subdirectories under...

Undo user folder location change/ failed to build regular subdirectories under...: Hello: I wanted to move my Downloads folder to my D disk because I was running out of storage on my C disk. I had already moved my Documents and Pictures folders there: [ATTACH] However, when I was changing the file location, I made a mistake, and instead of moving to...
  8. What causes this subdirectory to be created? C:\Users\user...

What causes this subdirectory to be created? C:\Users\user...: What causes this subdirectory to be created and can I delete it? C:\Users\user name\AppData\LocalLow\Temp\Microsoft\OPC Thank You Julie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-causes-this-subdirectory-to-be-created/4aa59806-f843-4b2c-bb2b-4ab01992a328"
  9. Missing subdirectory in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing subdirectory in Explorer: I have a directory called CARS with four subdirectories called FORD, CHEVY, DODGE and VW. These are not the real names but I rename them for simplication. The VW directory contains several files. I have been using these files for over a year. Today the VW subdirectory is...
  10. OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer: I'm not sure when this happened (prior to my Anniversary update), but something has gone weird in File Explorer. When I view my user folder (from the left navigation of FE), the sub folders for Documents and Pictures shown aren't my local folders at all, but OneDrive folders....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive subdirectory

2. removing subdirectoru from onedrive