Windows 10: Remove OneDrive

Discus and support Remove OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi .... wish to remove OneDrive from fresh install W10..... have uninstalled it from inside Control Panel but am unnerved to find a OneDrive folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stickie, Feb 10, 2019.

1. stickie Win User

Remove OneDrive

Hi .... wish to remove OneDrive from fresh install W10.....
    have uninstalled it from inside Control Panel but am unnerved to find a OneDrive folder lurking in my username folder, which contains some 10GB predominantly a clone of my Desktop ... please, please could someone provide the steps necessary to completely remove it ..... thanks in advance ..... Alan D Kerr

File sharing and storage made simple

:)

stickie, Feb 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove OneDrive

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Remove OneDrive

1. Remove OneDrive - Similar Threads - Remove OneDrive

2. How can I remove onedrive from navigation pane of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I remove onedrive from navigation pane of file explorer?: I have two one drives on my laptop (Windows Pro 10 64 bit). I deleted one account (one drive-Leverage Proactive Deliverable) from my laptop, but it still appears on navigation pane of file explorer. How can I remove it from navigation pane of file explorer? I follow on...
  3. OneDrive has question I don't know how to answer about files removed from my computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive has question I don't know how to answer about files removed from my computer.: OneDrive wants action: [ATTACH] I don't want to remove the files from OneDrive. You can't answer No, but Restore files sounds like it will put the files back on my computer. How do I answer?...
  4. remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt: Just did a new install of Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, and under my user name is onedrive. I don't use it nor want it there. Do I just create another user name and then after it's set up delete the old one or HOW do I get rid of this folder set up? Thanks much, Suoe...
  5. Removing OneDrive

Removing OneDrive: I have just bought a DELL 27 7777 AIO computer. It has a small SSD and a 2TB HDD. It also has OneDrive pre-installed which I do not want. I have Uninstalled it and removed reference to it from those parts of windows 10 that I could easily access. However OneDrive it still...
  6. How to return my folders back to original places and remove from OneDrive

How to return my folders back to original places and remove from OneDrive: Years ago when I installed Windows 10, it moved my Desktop, Documents and Pictures to OneDrive. I solved the issue somehow and restored those folders to their default places. But today I installed update, restarted PC and Windows suggested me to tune my PC. In the wizard on...
  7. Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall: Hi .... wish to remove OneDrive from fresh install W10..... have uninstalled it from inside Control Panel but am unnerved to find a OneDrive folder lurking in my username folder, which contains some 10GB predominantly a clone of my Desktop ... please, please could someone...
  8. OneDrive - Issues Removing

OneDrive - Issues Removing: Hi all. So earlier I posted a topic on a req for help because I have been trying to remove one drive folder. Long story short I ended up deleting all of my files and losing lots of sentimental pictures. I looked up several ways on how to remove this nothing worked (regedit...
  9. OneDrive removes itself from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive removes itself from Taskbar: Split from this thread. While method 3 worked for me, I need to run these steps everytime I startup my laptop. Any tips on how do I avoid that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-removes-itself-from-taskbar/8945b5e1-801b-4381-a91b-42cc00c0e56a
  10. Microsoft OneDrive making micro SD Card malfunction or unexpectedly be removed

Microsoft OneDrive making micro SD Card malfunction or unexpectedly be removed: I just got a new laptop that has no hard drive so my amount of storage is limited. I installed a micro SD card and it was working very well. No issues. However after installing OneDrive the memory card started to suddenly disappear. I then remembered that my android phone...