Windows 10: REMOVE OR DELETE Xbox gamertag associated with windows account

Discus and support REMOVE OR DELETE Xbox gamertag associated with windows account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I do not play xbox. I have no desire to play xbox. I did not request this gamertag or approve it being made for me. I have no desire to change my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by UnrequestedAssociation, Nov 18, 2020.

1. REMOVE OR DELETE Xbox gamertag associated with windows account

I do not play xbox. I have no desire to play xbox. I did not request this gamertag or approve it being made for me. I have no desire to change my gamertag name. I want to REMOVE ALL ASSOCIATION from the gamertag. I DO NOT want suggestions on how to switch it or hide it or make it private. I want it completely removed and it is ridiculous that I am not given the option.

Apologies in advance if I seem aggravated. I have been reading forums of the same issue for the past few hours. This has been an issue since at least 2012.

:)

UnrequestedAssociation, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Graekon Win User

Transfer gamertag from one Microsoft account to another without using an Xbox 360

Questions similar to mine are from 2013 and the answer links are no longer valid.

I have the following:

• Microsoft account A with Xbox gamertag A.
    • Microsoft account B with Xbox gamertag B.
    I do not have the following at this time:

• Access to an XBox
    • Access to an XBox 360
    • Access to an XBox One

Background:

Microsoft account A was created from an old Hotmail account. The Games for Windows Live account associated with the Hotmail account became my XBox account.

I have since created Microsoft account B to use primarily with Windows 10, Skype, etc. I created XBox gamertag B by mistake because I thought that linking the accounts would be similar to linking my Skype account with Microsoft account B.

Desired end result:

I would like Microsoft account B to be associated with XBox gamertag A. Is this able to be achieved without using an XBox? If so, how?

I am basically reviving this thread:

Switching Gamertags without an XBOX 360

Graekon, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Cnidarius Win User
    Associate Xbox gamertag with another Live ID

Hi, there. Here's my question (people at xbox forum couldn't answer it). Is it possible to dissociate my Xbox gamertag from my current Windows Live ID and associate it with another WITHOUT using the Xbox 360 console? I have read on countless forums and websites
    that all I would have to do is simply log on to my Xbox console, go to Account Management and associate my gamertag with another Windows Live ID.

The problem is, I don't have an Xbox, nor do I have access to one. I play Xbox Live games on my Windows Phone and I play PC games from Games for Windows Marketplace that require gamertag as well. I would like to associate my gamertag with another Live ID
    because I'm ditching the current one. Please, tell me it is possible to do it, somehow, without using the console. Thanks

Cnidarius, Nov 18, 2020
  4. REMOVE OR DELETE Xbox gamertag associated with windows account

XBox Live: WP7 Phone Windows Live ID linked to wrong GamerTag

The Windows Live account that I gave to my brand new Samsun Focus WP7 phone is NOT the account associated with my XBox live account/gamerTag. I have managed to link my brand new Samsung Focus WP7 phone to the new XBox Live account (gamerTag) that the phone
    created. I cannot delete the account or link to my real gamerTag.

From the Xbox I am unable to switch the Windows Live Id associated with my gamerTag to the Windows Live Id on the phone, because the Windows Live Id on the phone is already linked to the new unwanted XBox Live account that the phone created.

I cannot find any way to delete the new XBox Live account or switch my existing XBox Live account to the Windows Live Id that the phone is configured with.

This is very annoying. Otherwise, the phone is beautiful and Windows Phone is wonderful...

Can you help?

johnk_ksmart.com, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

REMOVE OR DELETE Xbox gamertag associated with windows account

1. REMOVE OR DELETE Xbox gamertag associated with windows account - Similar Threads - REMOVE DELETE Xbox

2. Moving a GamerTag to a Child Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Moving a GamerTag to a Child Account: My oldest son registered and setup a GamerTag years ago, under my parents account and email. He has grown up and moved on, but my next son is using that account. Unfortunately that account and GamerTag is associated with the organizer role. I don't want him to lose his...
  3. Forgot email id associated with my gamertag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot email id associated with my gamertag: I have forgotten the email id that was used while I created my gamertag Enjoykrom24. I have already activated few titles with it and right now I am unable to log into it. Can anyone provide me any link to recover the email Id associated with this gamertag? Thanks in advance....
  4. Remove deleted account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove deleted account: I deleted a business account permanently and Windows 10 does not give me an option to remove the old account from my PC and will not allow me to make changes because it is needing a password then gives the error that the account does not exist obviously. The option to delete...
  5. Deleting/Removing the MS account associated with my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting/Removing the MS account associated with my PC: I do not see an option to delete the MS account associated with my PC. Windows Settings --> Accounts --> Email and Accounts --> my email appears --> Manage Account which brings me to the Windows login page. Once logged in, where do I go to delete the account? All of the...
  6. Gamertag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamertag: I have a gamertag I do not want to use against my email address, how do I remove this but keep my email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamertag/819c8704-9c0e-4fa8-b09a-4350c2f2d953
  7. deleting xbox account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting xbox account: I already have a xbox account and i want to change the email on that account, but i cant because when i got my laptop it asked me to create a new Microsoft account and so i did but then it also created a new xbox account. Because of this the new xbox account is linked to the...
  8. Gamertag linked to my account disappeared.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gamertag linked to my account disappeared.: I signed into my account with all my progress and games on it with the game pass, then I went to play a game and it asked to write a gamertag for me to be shown with. So I wrote a possible gamertag after trying my own and it said it was taken. Now all progress has...
  9. Express Yourself with New Xbox Gamertag Features

in Windows 10 News
    Express Yourself with New Xbox Gamertag Features: At Xbox, your identity has always started with your gamertag – whether it’s a nickname between you and friends, a tribute to your favorite character or something unique that just stuck. We feel that all players should have the opportunity to portray who they are as a gamer...
  10. Deleting incorrectly associated xbox account from my windows 10 account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting incorrectly associated xbox account from my windows 10 account: My son needed to access his Xbox account and needed to use my PC to do it. So he logged in on my Windows 10 PC account. Now I can't get that xbox login out of my system. This LquidClear you are seeing is my son. Not me. How do I get rid of this?...