Windows 10: Remove or Disable Drive Tools tab in WIndows File Explorer

Discus and support Remove or Disable Drive Tools tab in WIndows File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Need to remove or disable Drive Tools tab in WIndows File Explorer where options Optimize, Cleanup and Format are available. Using Windows Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fernseddy, Sep 30, 2019.

1. fernseddy Win User

Remove or Disable Drive Tools tab in WIndows File Explorer

Need to remove or disable Drive Tools tab in WIndows File Explorer where options Optimize, Cleanup and Format are available.

Using Windows Home Edition.

:)

fernseddy, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2019
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Remove or Disable Drive Tools tab in WIndows File Explorer

Is there any way to disable the "contextual tabs" in File Explorer?

I would like to disable the "contextual tabs" in file explorer - the ones that turn pink/green/yellow when clicking on an item and changing to things like "Picture tools", "Video tools", "Compressed Folder Tools", "Drive Tools", etc. I find these tabs very
    distracting and I don't much care for the colors - plus, I (personally) have no use for them as I have 3rd party software to handle all of my needs.

In previous versions of Windows 10 I was able to use a 3rd party tool to disable these, but with the latest insider build (1903) the tabs are back and I would really like the option to natively disable them rather than relying on 3rd party applications.

These tabs are especially annoying when using the dark theme file explorer - so much so that on my 3 monitor desktop computer, the pink/yellow tabs draw my attention from my far left monitor to my far right monitor whenever I leave an item selected in File
    Explorer on a different screen. These tabs are a hindrance to my productivity because I need to take an extra second to deselect whichever item I have selected in file explorer, or to close file explorer altogether in order to get rid of them.

Remove or Disable Drive Tools tab in WIndows File Explorer f9325a95-f29a-49d7-be77-015ea9437c79?upload=true.jpg

ThriftyLemon72, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Remove or Disable Drive Tools tab in WIndows File Explorer

1. Remove or Disable Drive Tools tab in WIndows File Explorer - Similar Threads - Remove Disable Drive

2. How to totally disable multi-tabs in windows file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to totally disable multi-tabs in windows file explorer?: Windows 11 file explorer is multi-tabbed. However, I don't like multi tab file explorer and want to totally disable tabbing in file explorer. How can I disable it?...
  3. How to totally disable multi-tabs in windows file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to totally disable multi-tabs in windows file explorer?: Windows 11 file explorer is multi-tabbed. However, I don't like multi tab file explorer and want to totally disable tabbing in file explorer. How can I disable it?...
  4. File Explorer tabs

File Explorer tabs: File Explorer WILL NOT open ANYTHING in a new tab... ALWAYS new window... solution=? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tabs/0a0ed252-b9cc-4d56-bc6d-a2222971d8a7
  5. No tabs in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No tabs in File Explorer: I had not been able to see File Explorer tabs 95% of the time, along with other file Explorer problems. I did an in-place upgrade today for Windows 11 Pro, and after completion still can't see tabs. All of my other File Explorer problems still exist as well. Does anyone else...
  6. How to disable tabs in File Explorer on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable tabs in File Explorer on Windows 11?: [ATTACH]Today, we will be discussing how you can disable tabs from File Explorer on Windows 11. Windows 11 2022 is a small overhaul and brought to Windows PCs a new File Explorer. The new File Explorer allows you to view folders and drive locations as Tabs, the same way we...
  7. Tabbed File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed File Explorer: Hi - How do I used Tabbed File Explorer mentioned here: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2022/10/18/making-the-everyday-easier-with-new-experiences-available-in-windows-11/Thanks for your help!...
  8. No Tab on File Explorer

No Tab on File Explorer: I still have no tab on my File Explorer, I tried Vivetool yet, didn't work. I appreciate anyone who can help.OS Version: 2H22OS Build: 22621.674 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-tab-on-file-explorer/0f6d7e30-6bd3-4b59-bce0-93d8f38debbc
  9. Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing search tools tab in file explorer?: Hello, I'm not sure when this happened, but I have noticed that the Search Tools tab in File Explorer has disappeared. I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.836. I have another corporate-owned laptop running Windows 10 that does not receive updates unless...
  10. Is there any way to disable the "contextual tabs" in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way to disable the "contextual tabs" in File Explorer?: I would like to disable the "contextual tabs" in file explorer - the ones that turn pink/green/yellow when clicking on an item and changing to things like "Picture tools", "Video tools", "Compressed Folder Tools", "Drive Tools", etc. I find these tabs very distracting and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disable explorer manage tools

2. drive tools tab disable

3. how to turn off drive tools

4. drive tools for file explorer,
  5. gpo file explorer drive tools,
  6. file explorer driver tools,
  7. disable tools from windows explorer,
  8. drive tools remove ,
  9. remove drive tools in windows file explorer,
  10. windows 10 file explorer drive tools