Windows 10: Remove or hide router in network group

Discus and support Remove or hide router in network group in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a home network set up through a Linksys router. The network consists of a Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 laptop & IMac computer. In all three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cmach1, Jul 28, 2020.

1. cmach1 Win User

Remove or hide router in network group

I have a home network set up through a Linksys router. The network consists of a Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 laptop & IMac computer. In all three computers' network windows I also have an additional "computer" that's named after my wireless network. It is clearly my router. I would prefer that it not be listed along with my network computers, as it serves no purpose to me for it to be there.

This is how it's shown in Windows. The router is the one marked with a red circle.

Remove or hide router in network group Capture2.jpg

Same deal here, but on the IMac.

Remove or hide router in network group Screen-Shot.jpg

Normally if I wanted to remove a computer from the network I would just turn off sharing on that computer, but I don't know how to remove or hide the router. Is there a way to do this? I need instructions for both Windows & Mac. Thank you.

:)

cmach1, Jul 28, 2020
  2. 24C
    24c Win User

Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

Remove or hide router in network group [​IMG]

3. Gino Des Win User
    wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Remove or hide router in network group

Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Remove or hide router in network group

1. Remove or hide router in network group - Similar Threads - Remove hide router

2. Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed?: As this image shows, my Linksys router has created an extra "computer" on my network that carries my network's name. Ideally, the list should only show the three computers I have on the network. I know the extra computer is my router, but it serves no purpose being there....
  3. Networking with 10 and router

Networking with 10 and router: I have a Dell and Lenovo desktop connected with a router. The Lenovo can access the Dell files. The Dell can ping the Dell by name or IP but can't access the files. Message says to check with system admin. I have checked everything I can think of but no change. What else...
  4. hide the hidden network

hide the hidden network: I have already hidden my wifi from neighbors but still on my laptop its showing two wifi network the one is my original network lets say zx, below it a network name is coming "hidden network". if my neighbors can see a wifi network with named called hidden network then...
  5. Hide network drive

Hide network drive: I have a network drive mapped and I want to hide it, is it possible? 131356
  6. Ip router hide

Ip router hide: Hello . I need some help. I use monthly internet service with wlan routers connected to optics . my question is 1.does the server see my internet service provider ip, or see my ip router, or see ip on my laptop?? if I use VPN on my laptop. Will the server still see my IP?...
  7. Hide router name.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hide router name.: How do I stop the router from broadcasting it name? I don't want it to be visible to others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/hide-router-name/350d169f-9a21-44bc-aa83-c3e0a1684a9e"
  8. Hiding a device on the network

Hiding a device on the network: I have two uCam247 security cameras that store data to a UCam247 Micro NVR when triggered by motion. I'm using a Linx 8-inch Windows 10 tablet for the monitor, which I have affixed to a wall in a convenient location. My question is, how can I hide the NVR from appearing in...
  9. Networking, router or?

Networking, router or?: Hello, my issue is, I wish to connect my 3 laptops together for shared networking. Windows7, 10 &10. I can connect 2 together via ethernet cable but since my internet access is a private network AirCard (wifi), I don't have a physical router. I am wondering what I need in...
  10. Phantom router on network

Phantom router on network: Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is. Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the...