Windows 10: Remove OS from HHD moved to new computer

Discus and support Remove OS from HHD moved to new computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop died and I replaced it with a new laptop that came with an SSD but had space for an HDD. I moved the HDD from the old computer to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarshallAbrams, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Remove OS from HHD moved to new computer

My laptop died and I replaced it with a new laptop that came with an SSD but had space for an HDD. I moved the HDD from the old computer to the new one, thus keeping all my files and gaining 1 TB of storage. The first time I booted up everything was fine. The second time, the computer booted from the old OS on the HDD. I want into the BIOS UEIF and changed the boot order. That worked!

Should I remove files from the HDD to prevent future problems? If so, what should I remove? Or, maybe, I should just rename some directories but leave the content alone?

:)

MarshallAbrams, Jul 20, 2020

2. New computer - how to move OS to new (larger) drive?

Hi all,

• I got a new computer a few days ago.
    • Its startup drive is a 250gb SSD and it has a 1TB standard drive. It has Windows 10 and is working fine...
    • However, I have a 1TB SSD I'd rather use as my primary drive. It's from my old computer and has Windows 10 installed.
    Is it possible to "move" or reinstall the current OS on my 1TB SSD and use that as the startup drive?

Regarding methods, I've seen a lot of different info all over the place, so thought it might be a better idea to ask here...

thanks

Andrew

android111, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Narvaez1 Win User
    Progamming PC after HHD replacements

My PH Pavillion x360 was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to windows 10. But currently the hhd crashes. Consequently, I do need to replace the HHD. How do I program this new HHD? Do I need to buy Windows now or is there a way to get the OS without paying for
    it?

Narvaez1, Jul 20, 2020
  4. SnowyCT Win User

Remove OS from HHD moved to new computer

How do I move windows from my HHD to my SSD

I want to move my Windows 10 from my HHD to my SSD, how do I do that?

SnowyCT, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Remove OS from HHD moved to new computer

1. Remove OS from HHD moved to new computer - Similar Threads - Remove HHD moved

2. Move OS to new internal SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move OS to new internal SSD: Hello, I bought a new internal SSD that I installed on my motherboard. I initiated it from Disk Management. Since the new SSD is way better more speed and more space, I want to migrate my OS to the new one without any third-party tool unless it's free. Can someone help me?...
  3. Move OS to new internal SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move OS to new internal SSD: Hello, I bought a new internal SSD that I installed on my motherboard. I initiated it from Disk Management. Since the new SSD is way better more speed and more space, I want to migrate my OS to the new one without any third-party tool unless it's free. Can someone help me?...
  4. Needing to move my copy of Windows 10 to a new HHD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Needing to move my copy of Windows 10 to a new HHD: So here is my situation I have 3 HHD C Which is my copy of Windows 10 D Where my games are stored E My new 8TB HHD where I want to move my games from D to be stored. C is my oldest HHD and it has no space. It has my copy of Windows 10 which was a free upgrade...
  5. Moving OS Drive To A New Build

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving OS Drive To A New Build: Hi, hope this is the right forum. just wanting to check i'm good to go on a system rebuild; as per my other thread, i've got some new parts [mobo, cpu, DDR4, PSU] that i'm going to put into my build that has become flaky. after chats on another forum, i discovered you can now...
  6. Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD

Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD: Hi, i have installed a new SSD into my PC and would like to migrate Windows 10 into the new SSD from my old HHD. I do not have a USB or CD disk at hand and since im in quarantine i cannot obtain one at the moment. I was wondering though since i want to completely reformat my...
  7. Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD

Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD: Hi, i have installed a new SSD into my PC and would like to migrate Windows 10 into the new SSD from my old HHD. I do not have a USB or CD disk at hand and since im in quarantine i cannot obtain one at the moment. I was wondering though since i want to completely reformat my...
  8. Moving OS to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving OS to new SSD: I have my Windows 10 OS installed in my old HDD. I recently put in a m.2 NVMe SSD in my PC and i’m wondering if I can clone my Windows 10 OS to my new SSD ONLY. I want to keep my pictures, videos and games in my HDD not move it anywhere. Is this possible? If so please tell me...
  9. Moving win10 from old computer to new

Moving win10 from old computer to new: I'm upgrading from and old computer to a new build. Am I able to move the operating system to the new one without buying a brand new windows product key? I will not be using the old one whatsoever (just keeping the hard drives). Originally this was a windows 7 and I got the...
  10. Can this OS be moved to a new build computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can this OS be moved to a new build computer?: I want to move the OS (Win 10 pro) from an older computer to a new build. The sys. started as a Win 7 full retail sys. Then was updated Win 8 / 8.1. Then updated to Win 10. Can someone say if this can be moved and then activated? Thanks, . 64053