Windows 10: Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations

Discus and support Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there. Im facing issue to get rid of some old installation folders, since Windows create new folder for new version of some apps, it leaves there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chummy, Apr 21, 2020.

1. chummy Win User

Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations

Hi there. Im facing issue to get rid of some old installation folders, since Windows create new folder for new version of some apps, it leaves there old version installation, and i want to remove it.

With this command Code:
    i can delete current installed folders, but same dont work for old ones.

Some way to get rid of it? Some folders like CandyCrush has too many items which slow down my disk.

Windows 10 - Version 1909 - build 18363.778

:)

chummy, Apr 21, 2020
  2. lap398293 Win User

Remove Extra WindowsApps Folder

I have two hard drives (C: and DRemove outdated WindowsApp folder installations :). Windows 10 is installed on C:, but I keep everything else in D:.

I saw in the Storage settings area that I could change where apps would save to, and I changed it from C: to D: to see what would happen. It created a WindowsApps folder in D:, which I didn't like, so I immediately switched it back to storing apps in C:.
    However, the WindowsApps folder still exists in D:, and I cannot remove it. The original WindowsApps folder still exists (hidden) in C:\Program Files.

I've tried changing the permissions, but regardless of whom I grant access to it still refuses the deletion. I even was going to give up and just switch it to hidden, but I don't have permission for that either.

How do I delete this superfluous WindowsApps folder?

lap398293, Apr 21, 2020
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations

Remove Extra WindowsApps Folder

I really don't wanna take out my SSD just to delete that bug folder... Do you have another ways to delete that WindowsApps folder? That is a big bug!!!! I really hate Windows 10, so many bugs!

SeCrEt BoY™, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations

1. Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations - Similar Threads - Remove outdated WindowsApp

2. WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps: Hi everyone, first time poster. Truly stumped on this one. I am one of the IT Admins at my employment and we've been trying to stay on top of vulnerabilities reported by our vul. software. A few we keep seeing revolve around some of the widespread Microsoft Store apps and...
  3. WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps: Hi everyone, first time poster. Truly stumped on this one. I am one of the IT Admins at my employment and we've been trying to stay on top of vulnerabilities reported by our vul. software. A few we keep seeing revolve around some of the widespread Microsoft Store apps and...
  4. WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApp Folder: I cannot open the WindowsApps folder. I right click and select "Properties". I click on the "Security Tab". I click on "Advanced". Next to "Owner" it says "Unable to display current owner". I click "Change" next to this. I enter "administrator" and "Check Name". It updates. I...
  5. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, Quick question. I'd like to put one of my HDD's in a different computer however the folder WindowsApps is on that HDD and I cannot move the folder over to another HDD or delete that folder and was wondering how I would do so. Thank you for your time....
  6. WindowsApps Folder Filled with Folders for Apps not Installed on Device

WindowsApps Folder Filled with Folders for Apps not Installed on Device: I have a user with a Surface Pro 4 that was previously assigned to someone else. Now that it is in the new user's possession, all accounts from the previous user have been removed. Oddly enough, though, the WindowsApps folder for this machine continues to fill up with folders...
  7. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, I recently restored windows on my computer and I no longer have permissions to remove the 'WindowsApps' folder. When trying to remove the folder it references an old admin account I use to have before restoring. I changed the owner of the folder and provided myself...
  8. How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?: I bought a pc like 8 months ago and I bought xbox game pass for pc and downloaded few games. Then I had to reboot my pc, and all my GAMES were gone but the windowsapps folders didn't go anywhere. For example I downloaded Wolfenstein 2, I don't have the game anymore but I have...
  9. Possible to remove Microsoft Store created WindowsApp folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to remove Microsoft Store created WindowsApp folder?: I have a couple of additional drives on my system for media and games etc A while ago I installed some games onto these drives from the Microsoft Store but they are since uninstalled. A folder called WindowsApps was create on the root of these drives and cannot be deleted or...
  10. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...