Windows 10: Remove overlay icon(x icon) for offline files in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove overlay icon(x icon) for offline files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We want to remove the overlay icon for offline files in Windows 10. So we want the offline files to appear without the x icon. We deleted the registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yogita Naik, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Remove overlay icon(x icon) for offline files in Windows 10

We want to remove the overlay icon for offline files in Windows 10. So we want the offline files to appear without the x icon.

We deleted the registry key for Offline Files in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

However the icons still remain, even after restart.

Is there anything which we are missing, or there is no way we can change this setting.

:)

Yogita Naik, Apr 29, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Icon overlays in Windows 10

Hi,

There are currently 15 slots allotted for icon overlays in the system image list of Windows 10. 4 of these are reserved for the system, and OneDrive uses 5, leaving six slots for use by other icon overlay handlers. If more than 15 icon overlays are registered
    in the system, the extra icon overlays aren't used. This limit of 15 overlay icons applies to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions about your computer.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 29, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Remove overlay icon(x icon) for offline files in Windows 10

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Remove overlay icon(x icon) for offline files in Windows 10

1. Remove overlay icon(x icon) for offline files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove overlay icon

2. Box Drive's placeholder/offline file's custom icons or overlay icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Box Drive's placeholder/offline file's custom icons or overlay icons: Hi,Based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/how-to-create-icon-handlers article we have implemented a change of custom icons of various files in the Windows file explorer. When same is being used for box synced folder placeholder file's callback for...
  3. Box Drive's placeholder file's custom icons or overlay icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Box Drive's placeholder file's custom icons or overlay icons: Hi,Based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/how-to-create-icon-handlers article we have implemented a change of custom icons of various files in the Windows file explorer. When same is being used for box synced folder placeholder file's callback for...
  4. Box Drive's placeholder file's custom icons or overlay icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Box Drive's placeholder file's custom icons or overlay icons: Hi,Based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/how-to-create-icon-handlers article we have implemented a change of custom icons of various files in the Windows file explorer. When same is being used for box synced folder placeholder file's callback for...
  5. Box Drive's placeholder file's custom icons or overlay icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Random icon overlays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random icon overlays: I'm using just a very simple desktop which I've configured to look like Windows XP, so it is not complicated. I use shortcuts on my desktop and they should be showing an overlay a little northeast arrow indicating the icon is a shortcut. A few times daily, randomly, it...
  7. Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons: [ATTACH] A few days ago I restarted my computer (Windows 10) and these arrow icons are now overlaying all files on my desktop. Files, folders, everything. Any idea how to remove this?...
  8. Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. […] This article Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  9. Icon overlay limit in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon overlay limit in windows 10?: As you may be aware of, windows 7 and windows 8 only allows for 15 icon overlays to be used by such programs as: — Dropbox — Tortoise SVN — Mega I wonder if this limit has been increased in windows 10? Reference: Windows 8 Max Overlay Icons 7177
  10. overlay on notification icon

in Windows 10 Support
    overlay on notification icon: Windows 10 64 bit Pro version 1511 [img] Anyone know what that circled bar is trying to tell me, there were no outstanding notifications in Action Centre pop-out. After a while I noticed it had it disappeared. As I'm writing this, I might have figured what it was....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. language overlay cache windows 10

2. offline file with x on icon

3. remove overlay icon Windows 10

4. overlay offline icon windows 10