Windows 10: Remove part file name in bunch of files

Discus and support Remove part file name in bunch of files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a bunch of files that have the same name in all the files. I do not want to go through all 244 files and remove it manually. They are MP3's that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RainbowPride, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Remove part file name in bunch of files

I have a bunch of files that have the same name in all the files. I do not want to go through all 244 files and remove it manually. They are MP3's that I have purchased and saved. I got hit with ransonware a few weeks ago, and it renamed all of my mp3's with the extension .id[42B18849-2275].[[email protected]]. I was able to pull all of those files into a converter and convert them to mp3 again, and they now work, but every single one of them has .id[42B18849-2275].[[email protected]]. How can I remove that part from all of the files at once?

:)

RainbowPride, Jan 12, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Jan 12, 2020
  4. red268 Win User

Remove part file name in bunch of files

Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Is it possible to get the names of multiple files and paste them in to Notepad or Word or something?

Not sure how clear that is - I've got a folder with lots and lots of films from holidays etc. I've spent ages renaming them all to something meaningful (Other than Mov0001, Mov0002 etc etc)
    Unfortunatly, at the time, I didn't think to copy and paste the names in to a file as I did each one. But now people want to know what things I've got - so I want a list of all the names without having to type each one out seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

red268, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Remove part file name in bunch of files

1. Remove part file name in bunch of files - Similar Threads - Remove part file

2. I have a bunch of files with the name "disk-buffer-file*" in my \Users\[username] that I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a bunch of files with the name "disk-buffer-file*" in my \Users\[username] that I...: I am not sure what they are or there purpose. How can I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-bunch-of-files-with-the-name-disk-buffer/93473bc0-6fb7-4736-b47b-9f67bb9e209a
  3. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name: I have a few music .mp3 that all have a different but singularised phrase within the parameters "[ ]" How would i be able to remove this from multiple different files. Labelled in the Picture Below...
  4. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name: I have a few music .mp3 that all have a different but singularised phrase within the parameters "[ ]" How would i be able to remove this from multiple different files. Labelled in the Picture Below...
  5. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Save As file name now opens a folder containing part of the file name instead of saving.

Save As file name now opens a folder containing part of the file name instead of saving.: Hello all, as of today I am now having a frustrating problem with Windows 10 when attempting to save a file with Save As. If the name I type for the file to be saved is the same as, or the same as part of a folders name, clicking save now opens that folder instead of saving...
  7. Find and Replace parts of a file name text for multiple files in Windows 10

Find and Replace parts of a file name text for multiple files in Windows 10: I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text for multiple files. Does Microsoft have a facility to do this as XP used to have? I cannot find it anywhere on the Windows 10 system?...
  8. Finding and Replacing parts of a file name text for multiple files

Finding and Replacing parts of a file name text for multiple files: I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text for multiple files. Does Microsoft have a facility to this as XP used to have? I cannot find it anywhere on the Windows 10 system?...
  9. How to compress a bunch of files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to compress a bunch of files: I downloaded the new updated Postal stp with 2 spin off games that run on the Postal 2 game platform. The new Postal 2 and it's spin off games take up 7.0gb of space uncompressed. Is there a way to compress all of the files down to fit on one 4.7gb dvd without using PKzip? I...
  10. Search Part of File Name with Keyword (Examples Included)

Search Part of File Name with Keyword (Examples Included): Hi, we've had this problem for a long time. Today I decided to resolve it by chatting with support at Microsoft. The representative was surprised as well that this isn't a feature yet working on their end either. When you click CTRL + F on your internet browser and type...