Windows 10: remove partitions that not needed from old linux

Discus and support remove partitions that not needed from old linux in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have ASUS tuf a15 and i used to have multiple Linux OS from different distros kali,Ubuntu,manjaro, etc. as dual boot now i want to remove the extra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by محمد عبد الرحيم على سيد, Mar 31, 2023.

1. remove partitions that not needed from old linux

i have ASUS tuf a15 and i used to have multiple Linux OS from different distros kali,Ubuntu,manjaro, etc. as dual boot now i want to remove the extra partitions to save space and i don't know which one to removethe unallocated is for new Linux i will install after solving this problem

:)

محمد عبد الرحيم على سيد, Mar 31, 2023
  2. John1001 Win User

Remove a linux partition

I have a dual boot system which has Windows 7 and Linux. I would like to remove the linux partition and install Windows 10 on the PC and would like to know how to accomplish this upgrade.

John1001, Apr 1, 2023
  3. Remove a linux partition

When you start to Install Windows OS, there will be an Option for you to delete the partition where your Linux is, and that will be the easiest way for you to remove it. Please be aware, and backup your personal files first.

It is a litle confusing that you mentioned -you want to accomplish an upgrade?

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 1, 2023
  4. remove partitions that not needed from old linux

Remove Linux installation from Windows10 machine

Hi Riff,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I will be glad to assist you.

The process is actually quite simple.

Note: Before you start, make sure you have an up-to-date backup of the system you want to keep. If you make one tiny mistake in the steps below, you could end up deleting the wrong partition, which would be very very bad!

Keep Windows and Remove Linux:

Follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Type "Disk Management" in search box, Open the Disk Management tool.

• Find Linux partition. It won't be labeled since Windows doesn't understand the Linux file system, so you'll need to figure out where it is on your hard drive. Make sure you have the right one before continuing!

• Right-click on the partition and choose "Delete Volume." This will delete the partition from your hard drive, leaving free space. If you get a green box of "free space," you'll have to right-click on it and choose "Delete Volume" a second time until you
      get the black "Unallocated Space."

• Right-click on your Windows partition and choose "Extend Volume." Extend it to fill the free space your Linux partition left behind.
    • Lock the computer and Press Shift key + Restart it will take you to Windows Recovery Environment there select "Troubleshoot,">>select Advanced options>> click on Command Prompt. Type the following command:
      This will remove Linux's bootloader and replace it with Windows'.
    • Reboot your computer and you should find that it boots directly into Windows, with no Linux partition to be found.
    Hope the information is helpful. Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

remove partitions that not needed from old linux

1. remove partitions that not needed from old linux - Similar Threads - remove partitions needed

2. Remove "Linux" "partition" from File Explorer after installing WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove "Linux" "partition" from File Explorer after installing WSL: I installed WSL a while ago. I removed it today and there's still this:How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-linux-partition-from-file-explorer-after/5edf9976-d905-42fd-aad8-4c7184884fcc
  3. Remove "Linux" "partition" from File Explorer after installing WSL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove "Linux" "partition" from File Explorer after installing WSL: I installed WSL a while ago. I removed it today and there's still this:How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-linux-partition-from-file-explorer-after/5edf9976-d905-42fd-aad8-4c7184884fcc
  4. remove partitions that not needed from old linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove partitions that not needed from old linux: i have ASUS tuf a15 and i used to have multiple Linux OS from different distros kali,Ubuntu,manjaro, etc. as dual boot now i want to remove the extra partitions to save space and i don't know which one to removethe unallocated is for new Linux i will install after solving...
  5. Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot): I had a linux dual boot on my laptop with Win10. In changing distros I have made a mess and want to start afresh first with just win10 and sorting out partitions. I'd like advice on what linux or redundant win10 partitions I can safely delete on my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro laptop....
  6. Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting partitions in windows 10 (from old linux dual boot): I had a linux dual boot on my laptop with Win10. In changing distros I have made a mess and want to start afresh first with just win10 and sorting out partitions. I'd like advice on what linux or redundant win10 partitions I can safely delete on my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro laptop....
  7. How do I remove a Linux partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove a Linux partition: hey guys I updated my bios and have been having grub command line boots ever since on my disk management on my 1tb hardrive there is a 150gb unallocated space which can't be extended or deleted now I know this is a linux partiton but how can I delete it while on windows....
  8. Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot: [ATTACH] Hi, I've recently uninstalled Linux from my system by just deleting the volume from Windows 10's disk management utility. I tried to delete the second EFI partition I created during the Linux installation [twice - once Kubuntu and once Manjaro]. When I used...
  9. Windows won’t load after removing Linux partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won’t load after removing Linux partition: I deleted Linux partition and Windows stopped loading. Instead of loading it goes to grub rescue mode. Please help. I really cannot realize how Linux connected to Windows loading(...
  10. Unable to load Windows after removing Linux partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to load Windows after removing Linux partition: After deleting linux partition, windows is not loading up . It directly goes to grub rescue mode . I have tried all the tutorials in youtube and none help. Plz help.... ***Title modified from grub rescue mode***...