Windows 10: Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update

Discus and support Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update, so how should i remove password from windows logon screen as everytime i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aashish Sharma89, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update

Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update, so how should i remove password from windows logon screen as everytime i have enetr my credentials to login.

or when this netplwiz issue will be fixed ?

:)

Aashish Sharma89, Sep 5, 2020

2. Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ?

Is remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window in windows may 2020 update ?

Aashish Sharma89, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    remove password at startup using win10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps .

Check and verify if you have unchecked the correct option under correct user in netplwiz. Follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.

• Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter. ss

• Select the User account you are using under the
      User
      tab.

• Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checkbox and click on
      Apply.
    Sign-out and sign-in again to check if issue persist.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/disable-remove-password

It is also applies to windows 10

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update

Password removal

You should do following to remove the password requirement

Step 1. Press Windows key + R to open Run > Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter > Select the User account you are using under the User tab > Check by clicking Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer checkbox and click on Apply
    > Sign-out and sign-in again to check if issue persist.

Step 2. Windows Key+I to invoke Settings > Accounts > Sign in options > Click in the Require sign in list box > Choose Never

Step 3. Type Windows+I to invoke Click Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Screen saver settings > Uncheck the box to On resume, display logon screen

Vijay_Verma, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update

1. Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update - Similar Threads - Remove password checkbox

2. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    may 2020 update: how do i install an earlier update in history can only see updates for 2021. i would like to install may 2020 update. could anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/bea25d64-4623-4b77-bb69-772427cb21d5
  3. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    may 2020 update: how do i install an earlier update in history can only see updates for 2021. i would like to install may 2020 update. could anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/bea25d64-4623-4b77-bb69-772427cb21d5
  4. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Revisit: no "must enter password" checkbox on netplwiz

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Revisit: no "must enter password" checkbox on netplwiz: I have two Win10 OS drives on my machine: an upgrade version: Win7 to Win10 1909 to Win10 2004 on a SATA SSDfresh install of Win10 21H1 on a virgin NVMe netplwiz in the upgraded version shows the "must enter password" checkbox whilst the new install does not: I've perused the...
  6. May 2020 update

May 2020 update: This is about my husband's laptop. After two days he finally managed to install the update only to find out he cannot use his computer. He cannot get into any applications and it just seems to be stuck in a loading loop. What does he have to do now? If he can manage to...
  7. May 2020 Update

May 2020 Update: OK, I goofed. I meant I've tried to download the May 2020 Update, but it remains unavailable to me. So, what am I missing? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/ae3af36a-8f34-4831-99ad-c32d08bcafba
  8. May 2020 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    May 2020 update: how are having this problem May release of windows 10 failure again black screen 4 days working on update ready to go to Linux or back to 7 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/00b4f8e0-38c2-4c28-9e92-883c81349bd9
  9. May 2020 Update

May 2020 Update: Hello All, I just recently read about the May 2020 update. im a Windows Insider, and want to COMPLETELY opt out. not like delete my account from the insider program, I've decided i no longer wish to participate. how would i go to the May 2020 stable build. that is if the...
  10. incorrect password after netplwiz

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    incorrect password after netplwiz: Hello. I wanted to disable login password to I ran netplwiz and unchecked that requirement. It worked, but now when I turn on my computer, it says my password or username is incorrect. I click ok and it gives me two "users" on the lower left hand corner. I choose the correct...