Windows 10: Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ?

Discus and support Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Is remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window in windows may 2020 update ?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Aashish Sharma89, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ?

Is remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window in windows may 2020 update ?

:)

Aashish Sharma89, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Pyeti Win User
    password on windows removal

Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor

NT Password Reset will remove the password from your local administrator account (or any other account). Quite easy and straight forward to use.

Pyeti, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ?

Password removal

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Removing your Windows sign in password can be done with these steps:

- Click Start and type "netplwiz" (without quotes)

- Select the first result.

- Uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer."

This will remove the need for you to enter a password when logging in.

Please let me know if you need further assistance! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ?

1. Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ? - Similar Threads - Remove password feature

2. Removed Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed Features: Since you removed some features from Windows 10, can you at least try to put it back through Windows 11? Ex: Only Dock at Bottom, Taskbar Settings only on right-clicking taskbar...
  3. Netplwiz Missing Suddenly; Cannot Remove Sign-In Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netplwiz Missing Suddenly; Cannot Remove Sign-In Password: Hello,Suddenly, my Windows 10 system is requiring a password on startup, Previously I did not enter a password and want to keep it this way.When I follow the standard instructions to remove the password requirement on startup, which tell one to use the setting/program...
  4. Netplwiz Missing Suddenly; Cannot Remove Sign-In Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netplwiz Missing Suddenly; Cannot Remove Sign-In Password: Hello,Suddenly, my Windows 10 system is requiring a password on startup, Previously I did not enter a password and want to keep it this way.When I follow the standard instructions to remove the password requirement on startup, which tell one to use the setting/program...
  5. Remove feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove feature: Hi, Does anyone know what is the **** feature? How to remove news? I don't want to see any news here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-feature/c51cba88-0529-4dbf-aa1b-e3597f38220a
  6. Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?: I have had to reinstall Windows so am re-setting things to what I want. As a new install I have the latest version. One thing I don't want is to not have to enter a password on startup. In the past I could do this by using NETPLWIZ. There is one user - me as Admin. The box...
  7. Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?: I have had to reinstall Windows so am re-setting things to what I want. As a new install I have the latest version. One thing I don't want is to not have to enter a password on startup. In the past I could do this by using NETPLWIZ. There is one user - me as Admin. The box...
  8. netplwiz removed from Win 10 20H2?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    netplwiz removed from Win 10 20H2?: Is it true that they removed netplwiz form version 20H2? If was used to save passwords and autologon in Windows... 169395
  9. netplwiz removed from Win 10 20H2?

in Windows 10 Support
    netplwiz removed from Win 10 20H2?: Is it true that they removed netplwiz form version 20H2? If was used to save passwords and autologon in Windows... 169395
  10. Windows 10 adminstrator account missing after removing password from netplwiz

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 adminstrator account missing after removing password from netplwiz: I'm unable to login as administrator after I've tried removing the sign-in password from "netplwiz". I get a pop up when I try to install anything and the "YES" option to grant rights is disabled. please help....