Windows 10: Remove Password Protect

Discus and support Remove Password Protect in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Don't want to have to use my password to sign in every time when I'm the only one using it...it's a pain to say the least. To make it worse I can't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LindaKenny1, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Remove Password Protect

Don't want to have to use my password to sign in every time when I'm the only one using it...it's a pain to say the least. To make it worse I can't even enter my password if I wanted to because it won't accept any letters in that field. What I have to do is "reset" every time I get on the computer. What is going on? This Windows 10 is a problem for me!!!

:)

LindaKenny1, Feb 26, 2020

2. password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 26, 2020
  3. hpu420 Win User
    Can't remove sleep password protection

I don't really take my Book (i5, no dGPU) out of the house. So I don't want it password protected. I removed the requirement for a password on start-up just fine. But it still requires the password after it's in sleep for a while. I can change it to one
    of the other options and it works as it should, but when it's set to 'Never', it still requires it. Any suggestions?

hpu420, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Remove Password Protect

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Remove Password Protect

1. Remove Password Protect - Similar Threads - Remove Password Protect

2. password protect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password protect: when i try to open a pdf file or excel file its saying password protect, please typ in password. I cant remember what it was https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protect/01bb2a0c-9349-4126-bf3b-548a955b16a4
  3. password protect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password protect: when i try to open a pdf file or excel file its saying password protect, please typ in password. I cant remember what it was https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protect/01bb2a0c-9349-4126-bf3b-548a955b16a4
  4. How to remove a password on a protected word doc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove a password on a protected word doc: So I password protected a document, and now I want to remove the password protection. Can I do that? To be clear, I can access the doc, I have no problems with the password. I just don’t need it protected anymore. Thanks! submitted by /u/kaybee261 [link] [comments]...
  5. password protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password protection: do two factor authentication https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protection/b5f30a01-dd96-4192-886a-d69737316363
  6. Password protection

Password protection: I Windows 10 is a disaster for me. My password was rejected so I created a new password which was accepted. After acceptance I was asked to sign in again with the new password. It was rejected....
  7. Password Protection

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Protection: To access my laptop I currently use a PIN or I can use my Microsoft password. I am about to let someone else have access to my laptop to install some things so for the near future I would like to have a password that only opens my laptop and is not my microsoft password....
  8. password protection

password protection: How do I set passwords for specific folders or individual files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protection/104dd3dc-c77b-4026-a315-9771cdc10249"
  9. remove protected password administrator account in Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove protected password administrator account in Win10?: I pressed win logo + R and unchecked users must name and password. Why is my account still showing password protected? This has always been my Microsoft Account?...
  10. Password Protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password Protection: I am looking for a solution or something built into windows that will produce & protect my password. these days we seem to need password for so many sites & devices. It would be nice to have something that you can load all your login details into then each time you go to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove password when windows 10 starts