Windows 10: remove pending non-windows update

Discus and support remove pending non-windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows has a 'pending' again hp printer driver update that is years older than the currently used and working driver. How do I get rid of it without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by G_R, Apr 25, 2021.

1. G_R
    G_R Win User

remove pending non-windows update

Windows has a 'pending' again hp printer driver update that is years older than the currently used and working driver. How do I get rid of it without having to run the install and then do a re-install of current software that works the older version "update" windows wants to install does not function reliablyThis is a problem I have reported to Windows several times in the past couple of years. I have gone to the 'advanced options' where I have turned off the 'Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows' hoping that will stop recurring 'pending install' of the HP d

:)

2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Apr 25, 2021
  3. e9leyland Win User
    Update Pending Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18362.1 (19H1_RELEASE)

Yes, that turns off flighting whatever that means. *Smile How do I remove the update that is pending restart? I used the windows 10 update troubleshooter and it seems to have done something. I reboot the machine, and there is still the update pending restart. I run the update troubleshooter again and it finds nothing to fix. I looked at installed updates under add/remove programs, view installed updated radio button and could not find it. I will feel much better getting rid of the pending restart and the slow ring preview build altogether. Any suggestions?

e9leyland, Apr 25, 2021
  4. remove pending non-windows update

Updates pending

I am running with windows 10.0.20231 and have pending updates for:

• Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.20241.1005 (rs_prerelease)
    • Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - Keyboard - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support
    For some reason the updates continue to show as pending and are not being installed. I ran the update troubleshooter and the only issue it found was:

Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException

I'm unclear as to why this is a problem or what I need to do to resume my downloads, anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to fix this?

MarkWood-Patrick, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

remove pending non-windows update

1. remove pending non-windows update - Similar Threads - remove pending non

2. Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?: Hi,I reverted back to windows 10 after trying windows 11. Now it keeps forcing me to restart my computer to download windows 11. I don't want windows 11 ever.How do I get rid of the pending windows 11 restart update? I'd prefer to never use windows 11 unless they improve it....
  3. Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?: Hi,I reverted back to windows 10 after trying windows 11. Now it keeps forcing me to restart my computer to download windows 11. I don't want windows 11 ever.How do I get rid of the pending windows 11 restart update? I'd prefer to never use windows 11 unless they improve it....
  4. Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updates pending

Updates pending: How do I start an update if one is available for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-pending/65380a30-2cb6-433f-95b8-487a342e9c53
  6. Updates pending

Updates pending: I am running with windows 10.0.20231 and have pending updates for: Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.20241.1005 rs_prerelease Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - Keyboard - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support For some...
  7. Update Pending

Update Pending: Dear Sir/Madam, i'm using windows 10 Pro 1909. When i got 2004?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-pending/026acb1a-9b52-434c-bb08-e98e243df14d
  8. Pending update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pending update: Hey so I was just wondering if there was a simple way to fix the pending download for an update or if I just have to wait it out. It’s causing problems with my audio drivers and I just wanted to know if there was a simple way to fix it. Thanks for the help in advance Edit:btw...
  9. How do I remove pending updates?

How do I remove pending updates?: I tried all methods here and here but it still shows that the updates will be installed in windows update and the restart and shut down options both say update. how do I cancel these updates?...
  10. Windows updates pending

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows updates pending: Every time I get a update lately it will say update pending and hangs there. I run update trouble shooter and two fixes are applied then update installs, but this happens every time now and been doing it for the last 10 days or so ?...