Windows 10: Remove person on Windows local account

Discus and support Remove person on Windows local account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Try as I might, I cannot remove a person from my laptop account local. This person has hacked my computer and sabotaged the functioning of it. After... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NeilMeier, Mar 12, 2022.

1. NeilMeier Win User

Remove person on Windows local account

Try as I might, I cannot remove a person from my laptop account local. This person has hacked my computer and sabotaged the functioning of it. After about 6 hours of trying and forcing, I managed to block them as an administrator but, have not yet been able to remove or delete them and all of their info from my laptop. I am afraid that this may still leave a door open this persons to mess with my laptop again. I do not know how they gained access to my laptop. This persons does not have physical access.Some one PLEASE HELP! I have not gotten a response from Microsoft.

:)

NeilMeier, Mar 12, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 12, 2022
  3. Remove local account from welcome screen?

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Safe Mode.

I suggest you to restart your computer in Safe Mode and check if the issue persist.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

If issue persist, I suggest you to refer method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to login from your Microsoft account and try to remove the local account.

To remove the local account, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• On the pop up window type netplwiz and hit enter.

• From the pop up window select the account you want to remove.

• Hit remove.
    Disclaimer: Removing the user account may lead to data loss.

Hope this solves the issue, please let us know if the issue still exists. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

JuzarAli1709, Mar 12, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Can't remove local account

Since Pete Crane is the name you have registered for your gmail.com account, I think the problem is to do with that type of account and not a local account.

I suggest you go back to your initial post at the top of the page, click on the Edit post control you will see underneath it then change the title Can't remove local account to something like GMail user account listed twice on login screen.

That change of title will attract the attention of those who understand online accounts. I never use them so I cannot help.

Denis

Thema:

1. Remove person on Windows local account - Similar Threads - Remove person local

2. removing a local user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    removing a local user account: I have opened a local user account in Windows 10. I want to delete. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-local-user-account/87ea0603-d0fd-4375-a12b-a2b6f0a80b27
  3. Remove person on Windows local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove person on Windows local account: Try as I might, I cannot remove a person from my laptop account local. This person has hacked my computer and sabotaged the functioning of it. After about 6 hours of trying and forcing, I managed to block them as an administrator but, have not yet been able to remove or...
  4. Remove person on Windows local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove person on Windows local account: Try as I might, I cannot remove a person from my laptop account local. This person has hacked my computer and sabotaged the functioning of it. After about 6 hours of trying and forcing, I managed to block them as an administrator but, have not yet been able to remove or...
  5. Remove Multiple Local Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Multiple Local Accounts: MS, After a recent update, my Windows 10 no longer logged all the way in and started asking me for my MS password. I decided to go with a local account and now two are showing on the login page. One always tells me my the password is wrong and the other works properly. I...
  6. Removing local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing local account: When I start my windows, I am having two options to sign in, one local account and one Microsoft Hotmail account. When I went to the settings/account to remove the local account I am not able to find it. Am I missing something or is there any other way to remove the local...
  7. Can't remove local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove local account: On startup, a local account always appears along with my MS account. The MS account is the one I sign in with. I can't find anywhere to remove the local account. It doesn't appear in "netplwiz", "Accounts" or anywhere else I can find. It only appears on mLogin I login with my...
  8. Can't remove local account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove local account: On startup, a local account always appears along with my MS account. The MS account is the one I sign in with. I can't find anywhere to remove the local account. It doesn't appear in "netplwiz", "Accounts" or anywhere else I can find. It only appears on mLogin I login with my...
  9. removing shadowing on local accounts.

in Windows 10 Support
    removing shadowing on local accounts.: I've read a few posts here on removing desktop text shadowing but I don't seem to be able to nix it on local accounts. No problem with the admin accounts. When I access "Advanced system properties", on my way to Performance settings, I'm required to login as an...
  10. Remove Password of Local Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Password of Local Account in Windows 10: How to: Remove Password of Local Account in Windows 10 How to Remove Password of Local Account in Windows 10 [img] Information If you have a local account on the PC, then your Windows password is what you use to sign in to your user account in Windows on the PC....