Windows 10: Remove Photo from Windows Start Menu

Discus and support Remove Photo from Windows Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a new computer with zero photos in the album(s). I took a photo to use for trying on virtual eyeglasses at my computer, deleted the photo, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reedliam, Jan 11, 2021.

1. reedliam Win User

Remove Photo from Windows Start Menu

This is a new computer with zero photos in the album(s).

I took a photo to use for trying on virtual eyeglasses at my computer, deleted the photo, and now the thumbnail still exists within the Windows Start Menu.

How can I remove it?

Thanks! I ended up downloading a random photo, then went to the photo app settings. There's an option to select which photo you want to display in the app tile. I guess the app tile kept a cache of that photo I had previously deleted.

:)

reedliam, Jan 11, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Remove Photo from Windows Start Menu :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. Remove Photo from Windows Start Menu - Similar Threads - Remove Photo Start

2. Remove ads from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove ads from Start Menu: Can we finally remove the ads from the Start Menu?Or why do you need more than the $150 I already paid you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-ads-from-start-menu/bad8b655-6579-4a15-b100-c993169b51cf
  3. Remove ads from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove ads from Start Menu: Can we finally remove the ads from the Start Menu?Or why do you need more than the $150 I already paid you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-ads-from-start-menu/bad8b655-6579-4a15-b100-c993169b51cf
  4. Removing spam from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing spam from Start Menu: What do I have to do to remove the spam from the Start Menu. I keep asking and it keeps not being an option.And if it can't be done. show me in the code why or else you all are being lazy and not giving me the answers....
  5. Removing spam from Start Menu

Removing spam from Start Menu: What do I have to do to remove the spam from the Start Menu. I keep asking and it keeps not being an option.And if it can't be done. show me in the code why or else you all are being lazy and not giving me the answers....
  6. Remove folder from start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove folder from start menu: I want to remove the applications from the folder. I want them to appear in alphabetical order without being in folder. IT something hard to find an application when it's located in these folder. For example: I want to open windows PowerShell from start menu and I start...
  7. Remove folder from start menu

Remove folder from start menu: I want to remove the applications from the folder. I want them to appear in alphabetical order without being in folder. IT something hard to find an application when it's located in these folder. For example: I want to open windows PowerShell from start menu and I start...
  8. Remove Windows App from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Windows App from Start Menu: Hi, I would like to remove a Windows UWP app (an app installed from the Microsoft Store) from the Start Menu. How can I make It? submitted by /u/Imart_Cat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jnk2v8/remove_windows_app_from_start_menu/
  9. Remove cortana from start menu

in Cortana
    Remove cortana from start menu: Seeking for assist on removing cortana from start menu. Tried the method below 1) using registry set 0 value on “AllowCortana” to disable. 2) On desktop, right click to hide cortana None of the above, work to remove cortana from start menu. please assist....
  10. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....