Windows 10: remove pin and password for windows 10 pro sign in

Discus and support remove pin and password for windows 10 pro sign in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried the method i found on the web to remove password / pin but it doesn't work, all it does it make it so i have to type in password and than set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by morrischan1, Mar 1, 2019.

1. remove pin and password for windows 10 pro sign in

I tried the method i found on the web to remove password / pin but it doesn't work, all it does it make it so i have to type in password and than set up pin again.

1. type netplwiz

2. unclick the "user must enter a username and password to use this computer"

3. click apply

than it asks me to enter username and password with the message "you can set up your computer so you do not have to type a username and password to sign in."

I do that and i try to restart computer but it doesnt work

:)

morrischan1, Mar 1, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 1, 2019
  4. remove pin and password for windows 10 pro sign in

Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Sign in options.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Sign in options.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

remove pin and password for windows 10 pro sign in

1. remove pin and password for windows 10 pro sign in - Similar Threads - remove pin password

2. Can't remove Sign In password/pin on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove Sign In password/pin on startup: I selected Don't Require a Pin or password at startup. Not working. Looked at your forum instructions listed below But I don't find a Remove button option. Running Windows 10.1. Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.If you are using a Microsoft Account to...
  3. Can't remove Sign In password/pin on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove Sign In password/pin on startup: I selected Don't Require a Pin or password at startup. Not working. Looked at your forum instructions listed below But I don't find a Remove button option. Running Windows 10.1. Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.If you are using a Microsoft Account to...
  4. Can't remove Sign In password/pin on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  6. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  7. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Remove password and pin on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove password and pin on Windows 10: The instructions given by Microsoft DO NOT work. Does anyone have a remedy for this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-password-and-pin-on-windows-10/1c44b0c2-391a-4094-91ee-80674273c515
  9. Windows 10 Pro Remove PIN sign in option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro Remove PIN sign in option: I recently purchased 2 systems, set them up using PIN sign in because it basically forced me to do so. Now because of it I am not able to access printers in the network. Every other computer in the office sees them and can use them, only windows 10 Pro doesn't. How do I...
  10. Removing pin sign in windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing pin sign in windows 10: Hi folks, Just installed windows 10 64 bit and I have set up a pin to sign in, though I would now prefer to go straight to desktop from boot, to save a little time. Is this possible I wonder and if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction. Many...