Windows 10: Remove pin button from login screen?

Discus and support Remove pin button from login screen? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Couple of days ago, I had to switch the microsoft account that i had on my computer. In the process, it had me create a pin number. after everything, i... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by qjelly, Apr 12, 2020.

1. qjelly Win User

Remove pin button from login screen?

Couple of days ago, I had to switch the microsoft account that i had on my computer. In the process, it had me create a pin number. after everything, i added a regular password and turned off the option to log in with a pin number. However, the sign in screen still had the little button to use a pin number, and clicking on it takes me through setting up a pin number. i want it gone. it was never there before. i dont want a little button to make a pin number, i dont want a pin number, my password is just fine. how do i get rid of it?

:)

qjelly, Apr 12, 2020

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Remove pin button from login screen?

Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sorry for the delay in response.

I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue with the missing features on login screen.

1. Which security software is installed on your device?
    2. Is your device connected to domain network?

Please try the below suggested steps and check if the required sign in options are available from login screen.

Enable sign-in using PIN from group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon.
    3. In the right pane, double click on Turn on convenience PIN sign-in policy
      to edit it.
    4. Select Enabled option from Turn on convenience PIN sign-in window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign-in using PIN is available on the login screen.

Enable sign into Windows 10 using Biometrics from Local Group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometrics.
    3. In the right pane of Biometrics, double click on Allow users to log on using biometrics.
    4. Select Enabled option from Allow users to log on using biometrics window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign in using Biometrics is available on the login screen.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Remove pin button from login screen?

1. Remove pin button from login screen? - Similar Threads - Remove pin button

2. Changing/Removing login PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing/Removing login PIN: There are times I want to change or remove my password and those options as well as the 'I forgot my password' option are grey, making them unavailable and unable for me to click them and on top of the 'I forgot my password' option it says this "Something went wrong. Try...
  3. Changing/Removing login PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing/Removing login PIN: There are times I want to change or remove my password and those options as well as the 'I forgot my password' option are grey, making them unavailable and unable for me to click them and on top of the 'I forgot my password' option it says this "Something went wrong. Try...
  4. Changing/Removing login PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to remove "I forgot my PIN" button from Windows 10 login screen?

How to remove "I forgot my PIN" button from Windows 10 login screen?: I know with certainty that I will never forget my PIN. However, using my Surface, I frequently accidentally tap that button instead of the password field or "Sign in options" button. In some fun cases, like just a moment ago, after waiting the 3 minutes for Windows to do...
  6. Enter button missing from login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enter button missing from login screen: Hello, I've noticed recently that my enter button has disappeared from the login screen. I've tried: -Restarting my computer -Using Ctrl Alt Del on the login screen I've recently done an sfc /scannow and Windows found corrupt files, however they got fixed. Just after this...
  7. Trouble removing login pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble removing login pin: I con not remove my login pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-removing-login-pin/2ea343fd-6d49-4358-8ff8-6ffc7eb7475a
  8. Power button missing from Login screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power button missing from Login screen: I looked this up on other websites before coming to this conclusion. When I go in my computer, I open up run, open registry edit, and go through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System. Once I'm there I'm supposed to look for...
  9. Blank screen with no login button on login screen

Blank screen with no login button on login screen: I turned on my HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 operating system. Usually there was no lock screen but the lock screen was displayed. After I clicked the lock screen, the background just went blank. I think the login screen should be shown. The first photo is the lock...
  10. login and pin password removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login and pin password removal: I am sending one of my computers in to Asus for an upgrade and a needed repair. How can remove all passwords and pin numbers so Asus can do the repairs? If I first do a complete recovery can I start over with a new password or will I have to use the older password ?...