Windows 10: remove pin gui in windows explorer

Discus and support remove pin gui in windows explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; seems like a stretch, but is there a way to remove the pins in explorer. they look so stupid and are totally unnecessary 20870 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by krohm, Sep 2, 2015.

1. krohm Win User

remove pin gui in windows explorer

seems like a stretch, but is there a way to remove the pins in explorer. they look so stupid and are totally unnecessary

:)

krohm, Sep 2, 2015

2. Can't unpin FTP location from Quick Access

I've pinned an FTP location to the Quick Access menu in Windows 10 Explorer, but now cannot unpin it.

To replicate:

1. Browse to an FTP location in Windows Explorer

2. Right-click "Quick Access"

3. Select "Pin current folder to Quick access"

4. Right-click the newly pinned folder

You should see that there is no option to unpin the folder. The context menu only offers the (greyed out) option to "Expand".

Notably, this pin only appears in Explorer and not in the jump lists (for example by right-clicking Explorer from the task bar).

How do I remove this pin?

alecgibson, Sep 2, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 - Cannot Drag Pinned File from Taskbar to Copy to Location

Hi Sara, if this is a duplicate post - please ignore it!

Microsoft do have a habit of removing functionality that we, as users, still require

Open Windows File Explorer, paste the text below into the Address Bar, there you will find the location of the items you have pinned to the Taskbar:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

DaveM121, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

remove pin gui in windows explorer

1. remove pin gui in windows explorer - Similar Threads - remove pin gui

2. No Remove Windows PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Remove Windows PIN: If I go into Accounts > Sign-in options I am able to set up a PIN Windows Hello.Sadly the remove PIN is greyed out. I am not using any other Windows Hello feature or have one configured. I just want to go back to password.Its not telling me why I can't remove it and I don't...
  3. No Remove Windows PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Remove Windows PIN: If I go into Accounts > Sign-in options I am able to set up a PIN Windows Hello.Sadly the remove PIN is greyed out. I am not using any other Windows Hello feature or have one configured. I just want to go back to password.Its not telling me why I can't remove it and I don't...
  4. Removing PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing PIN: Hello, I am trying to remove my PIN as a sign-in option. I have read and tried existing articles and instructions about removing my PIN, however none of them work. My account is not displaying any “Delete” button. Instead, underneath the PIN Windows Hello option there is...
  5. Removing PIN

Removing PIN: Hello, I am trying to remove my PIN as a sign-in option. I have read and tried existing articles and instructions about removing my PIN, however none of them work. My account is not displaying any “Delete” button. Instead, underneath the PIN Windows Hello option there is...
  6. Removing the PIN

Removing the PIN: Is there a way to get rid of the PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-pin/44e79915-5adf-4658-aa1e-348733f95eb1
  7. WINDOWS DEBLOATER GUI

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS DEBLOATER GUI: I ran windows10deblaterGUI for some foolish reason. I have read That the "REVERT" feature dosnt do such, and am wondering how to restore my system back to normal...PLEASE HELP...
  8. GUI malfunctioning in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    GUI malfunctioning in Windows: I'm a Windows 10 user and a part-time gamer so as expected I adjust my volume a lot to the enviroment. All has been fine up to today when I couldn't change the volume of my speakers through GUI because the sliding the edge was impossible. Then I managed to do it by clicking...
  9. OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?: I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the client side going. On this Windows 10 client laptop I have installed OpenVPN GUI. It's running according to Task Manager and...
  10. GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    GUI: Has anybody else got this GUI don't know how I got ir presume it came down from an upgrade. It really is brilliant but what I want to know is can I change it? 102886