Windows 10: remove pin requirement on lock screen?

Discus and support remove pin requirement on lock screen? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have recently bought a computer with windows 10, setting it up I was asked to provide a pin which I did however now I must input that pin every time... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DougalStalker, Apr 16, 2022.

1. remove pin requirement on lock screen?

I have recently bought a computer with windows 10, setting it up I was asked to provide a pin which I did however now I must input that pin every time I wake the screen up. How do I remove that requirement? I do not want any form of pin or password to be required upon opening/ starting my laptop

:)

DougalStalker, Apr 16, 2022

2. Remove/reset lock screen PIN

I forgot my pin on my lock screen on my Lumia 1520, how can I reset it.

*** Moderator's note: Changed title from "recover my microsoft password" to "Remove/reset lock screen PIN". ***

sandra michelleanderson, Apr 16, 2022
  3. PIN is now being required to logon

Hi Kevin,

If you're having trouble using your PIN to sign into Windows, you can try resetting your PIN. Kindly check this
    link regarding PIN sign-in issues.

If that doesn't work. We suggest resetting your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.

• While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.

• On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.

• Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Apr 16, 2022
  4. remove pin requirement on lock screen?

Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 16, 2022
Thema:

remove pin requirement on lock screen?

1. remove pin requirement on lock screen? - Similar Threads - remove pin requirement

2. REMOVE PIN AND PASSWORD REQUIREMENT PERMANENTLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE PIN AND PASSWORD REQUIREMENT PERMANENTLY: I purchased a new laptop and after setting it up with no option during the setup to decline a password and PIN I finally got to use it. Now Win 11 WILL NOT let me remove the password or pin requirements. I DO NOT want a password OR a pin to sign in. I simply wish to open my...
  3. Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen: My Asus vivobook when I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign in". And i face that from 3:00pm afternoon.I have search the similiar problem in...
  4. Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen: My Asus vivobook when I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign in". And i face that from 3:00pm afternoon.I have search the similiar problem in...
  5. remove pin requirement on lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove pin requirement on lock screen?: I have recently bought a computer with windows 10, setting it up I was asked to provide a pin which I did however now I must input that pin every time I wake the screen up. How do I remove that requirement? I do not want any form of pin or password to be required upon...
  6. remove pin requirement on lock screen?

remove pin requirement on lock screen?: I have recently bought a computer with windows 10, setting it up I was asked to provide a pin which I did however now I must input that pin every time I wake the screen up. How do I remove that requirement? I do not want any form of pin or password to be required upon...
  7. Remove PIN from Windows Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove PIN from Windows Lock Screen: I have just set up Microsoft Family Safety on 4 computers at home. In doing so I verified the accounts on 3 of the computers. Two of the computers have also been updated to Windows 11, the other two are running Windows 10.After adding Family Safety, I was prompted to create a...
  8. Remove PIN from Windows Lock Screen

Remove PIN from Windows Lock Screen: I have just set up Microsoft Family Safety on 4 computers at home. In doing so I verified the accounts on 3 of the computers. Two of the computers have also been updated to Windows 11, the other two are running Windows 10.After adding Family Safety, I was prompted to create a...
  9. Removing the PIN requirement in 21H1

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing the PIN requirement in 21H1: I log in to my systems (several in the house) using a Microsoft account. My wife and I both use MS accounts to simplify logins across multiple systems. I recently built a new tower using 21H1, and was forced to create a Windows Hello PIN. Fine. I've done this before, and...
  10. Remove BitLocker PIN Requirement

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove BitLocker PIN Requirement: Hello everyone, Please help me to check and give me solution for the problem below. I need to turn on Bitlocker on C and D drive on my computer: D is OK, however I need to config Bitlocker for C drive without password requirement ( just encrypt) Many...