Windows 10: Remove "Pin to Start" Context Menu for Files in Windows 10?

Discus and support Remove "Pin to Start" Context Menu for Files in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Looking to remove the "pin to start" context menu from Windows 10, I use startmenu replacement and that option is very much in the way. There was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Niv, Aug 3, 2015.

1. NIV
    Niv Win User

Remove "Pin to Start" Context Menu for Files in Windows 10?

Looking to remove the "pin to start" context menu from Windows 10, I use startmenu replacement and that option is very much in the way.

There was a way for win 8.1
    Files in Windows 8

But reg files changed, so anyone got a Win 10 version of it?

Cheers.

:)

2. Apps in Start Menu Windows 10

Hi

You need to Right Click the icons. This will give you a popup context menu with different options, depending on the shortcut that you clicked.

You might see Pin to Start, Pin to Taskbar, Uninstall, Run as Administrator, Open file location, etc, etc.

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Aug 3, 2015
  3. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Aug 3, 2015
  4. qwerty12 Win User

After using RegScanner, I found getting rid of the folllowing did it for me (backup first):

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8}] [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c9}][/quote]

qwerty12, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Remove "Pin to Start" Context Menu for Files in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Remove Pin Start

2. Add or Remove Pin to Start from Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add or Remove Pin to Start from Context Menu in Windows 10: Pinning in Windows 10 continues to become more and more popular with time! Pinning is a feature that gives the ability to pin settings, apps, files, and programs to the Start Menu. In this post, we will show you how to remove Pin to Start from right-click context menu in...
  3. Can't Remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" From Context Menu: Anyone knows why when i remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" context menu entries from registry, windows automatically creates new one's after restart. Never had such problem in 8, and it's driving me nuts!!!!! Thanks for help! 37177
  4. Pinning files to links context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning files to links context menu: If I right-click the Excel link in my windows start menu, the context menu displays several pinned excel files that I commonly use. I need to change the properties (file location) in one of these pinned links. I recall creating some desktop short cuts and then moving them to...
  5. Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu context menu on Windows 10: Hi All, Thanks for visiting my thread. I'm rebuilding all computers to Windows 10 at the School I work at. I've been able to lock down everything using Group Policy and Registry tweaks apart from two niggling little issues. 1. I can't get rid of Open file location when...
  6. Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses...
  7. Add or Remove Pin to Taskbar Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Pin to Taskbar Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Pin to Taskbar Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Pin to Taskbar Context Menu in Windows 10 By default, users can right click or press and hold on an application, and click/tap on Pin to taskbar or Unpin from taskbar to pin or unpin...
  8. Remove File Explorer Default Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove File Explorer Default Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Remove File Explorer Default Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove File Explorer Default Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, context menus appear when you right-click the desktop or when you right-click the items in File...
  9. Add or Remove Pin to Quick access Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Pin to Quick access Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Pin to Quick access Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Pin to Quick access' on Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the...
  10. Add or Remove Pin to Start Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Pin to Start Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Pin to Start Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Pin to Start Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can pin to Start any apps, contacts (People app), folders, drives, homegroup, library, network, and OneDrive so you can...