Windows 10: Remove "Pinned Tiles" while on a full screen Start menu

Discus and support Remove "Pinned Tiles" while on a full screen Start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can i hide the Pinned Apps file/ folder and instead when i hit start it shows me a full screen list of all my apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by H24L, Feb 12, 2020.

1. H24L Win User

Remove "Pinned Tiles" while on a full screen Start menu

How can i hide the Pinned Apps file/ folder and instead when i hit start it shows me a full screen list of all my apps

:)

2. Hide 'Pinned Tiles' list in start full screen menu

I have no any apps that tiled over the start screen.

When I'm using start menu as full screen, there is an empty list of apps on "Pinned Tiles" which it doesn't make any sense and then I switch to All apps.

Remove "Pinned Tiles" while on a full screen Start menu fc39ac58-ffa0-4d3a-b5f9-ef2d2f82f8bc.png

It's kind of wasting time for me. There is any way for:

• Set the "All Apps" list, default.
    • Hide or remove "Pinned Tiles" list completely.
    Either way is fine /:

Thank you!

Pedram Asshabi, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Unable to removed pinned item from start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly you’re trying to remove pinned tiles from start menu?

I understand that you are unable to remove the pinned item from the Start menu.

Please follow the steps below to remove pinned item from the Start Menu:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Expand Start menu.
    • Right Click on the pinned item and select Unpin from Start menu
    If you are still facing issues while removing the site, please share a screenshot of the issue, so that we can further assist you.

Please follow the steps below to take a screenshot and to upload with your reply:

• Find Print screen Key on your keyboard.
    • To Capture Screen Image, press the Print Screen (PrtScn) key once, your screen will be captured and stored in clipboard.
    • Now open any image editing application in Windows like Microsoft Paint and then press Ctrl + V key to paste the taken Screenshot of the Image on Paint and then save it by pressing Ctrl + S button.
    • After you have saved the file, click on Reply button.
    • Click on insert Image option and select the image file that you have saved.
    • Now click Submit.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Feb 12, 2020
  4. altae Win User

Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

It does not work like this. You have to shift + right click the corresponding exe file or a shortcut in Windows Explorer to get the "pin to start lis" option. But be aware that even though you can choose to pin a certain program to the start list there is no guarantee that it actually works. On my system it does not work for most programs, i've only been able to add a handful of them. The only thing that does work ist "pin to start" which adds them to thw right side of the sart menu as a tile.

Seriously,I hope this is a bug. Because a start menu that does not let you add your own programs is worthless. If I'm forced to use tiles I will be better off using the start screen.

altae, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Remove "Pinned Tiles" while on a full screen Start menu - Similar Threads - Remove Pinned Tiles

2. start menu pinned tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  3. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  4. Start menu/tile screen stays on

Start menu/tile screen stays on: Ever since the latest Edge update I did on 6/20/20 the start/tile screen stays on after you click on one of the tiles. It used to disappear after you clicked on a tile. If you move the cursor outside the start screen and click, than the start screen will disappear. It never...
  5. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  6. Start Menu full screen

Start Menu full screen: Hello Community, Recently i buy Microsoft surface i dont know how start menu become full screen even i off from start menu setting how to off full screen start menu kindly see the screen short. [IMG] Kind regards,...
  7. Windows 10 1809 update removes pinned tiles in start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 update removes pinned tiles in start menu: I recently updated my Windows 10 installation to version 1809, and noticed that some of the applications that I had shortcuts pinned to my start menu had disappeared. I cannot figure out why Microsoft seems to think it can randomly change the look and feel of a computer with...
  8. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  9. Full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Full screen start menu: Ah ha I found you at last. Reason being, I rather liked that aspect of windows 8-8.1 so I was glad to find the option for it again under personalise and start menu options. Some of you may want that back! who knows but it's in there. 13551
  10. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to remove pinned tiles?