Windows 10: Remove Potential Unwanted app

Discus and support Remove Potential Unwanted app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I Found something weird, I checked my files, and then, I found this thing, it says, system32, and if I open one of the things in the file, this thing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MuhammadUwais, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Remove Potential Unwanted app

I Found something weird, I checked my files, and then, I found this thing, it says, system32, and if I open one of the things in the file, this thing would pop up, You Are Attempting to open a file type "System File" .dll, These files are used by the operating system and by various programs. Editing and modifying them could damage your system. I'm afraid to be honest because I found presenoker thing, and I don't know how to remove the virus! I hope you can help me [Original Title: Hello,]

:)

MuhammadUwais, Jul 6, 2021
  2. meebers Win User

Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found

This just popped up, potentially unwanted app found. Detected MiniTool_Partition_Wizard_Bundleinstaller?? Tried Remove, Quarantine - does not remove the Yellow Triangle. Anybody else seen this?? False positive?? Had 2 instances, blocked the first one.

meebers, Jul 6, 2021
  3. Removal of unwanted apps

The default apps cant be removed using normal methods. You can remove them from the start screen.

If you REALLY want to uninstall them you can try the below. They will be re-installed the next insider build. You have to realize Microsoft gets revenue from their advertisers based on how many machines they are installed on

Step 1: Uninstall it completely
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find Mail App package and remember its PackageFullName as below:
    • And then type the following command: Remove-Appxpackage –Package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Repeat for all the apps you want to remove.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 6, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Remove Potential Unwanted app

Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found

Not exactly a false positive, more a precaution as MiniTool bundle optional apps from their partners in their installer. See this thread, in particular post #2 from MiniToolSupport themselves.

Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert

Bree, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

Remove Potential Unwanted app

1. Remove Potential Unwanted app - Similar Threads - Remove Potential Unwanted

2. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  3. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  4. No Options to Remove a Potentially Unwanted App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Options to Remove a Potentially Unwanted App: Hello,The App & Browser Control is showing a "Potentially Unwanted App". When I click Review, It takes me to Reputation-Based Protection.Finally, when I click on Review again and click on the arrow next to Low, it doesn't show me the options to remove the app. It takes me to...
  5. No Options to Remove a Potentially Unwanted App

No Options to Remove a Potentially Unwanted App: Hello,The App & Browser Control is showing a "Potentially Unwanted App". When I click Review, It takes me to Reputation-Based Protection.Finally, when I click on Review again and click on the arrow next to Low, it doesn't show me the options to remove the app. It takes me to...
  6. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  7. potential unwanted apps

potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  8. Potentially Unwanted Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  9. Potentially unwanted App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially unwanted App: PUA:Win32/LittleRegClean Whenever I click remove nothing is happening. How do I get rid of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app/ab605f5a-4794-49ff-88af-6c5ac10cd3ea
  10. Potentially unwanted app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially unwanted app: Recent scans are showing PUA:Win32/MyWebSearch loaded on to my PC on 15 June in file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\Users\User\Desktop\C\Users\Andy\AppData\LocalLow\HeadlineAlley_29\bar\Cache\1CBDAD6E.cab. I've run the Remove action in protection history several times,...