Windows 10: remove previous owners account from device

Discus and support remove previous owners account from device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi community i purchased my second-hand laptop from a friend of a friend and i no longer have and cannot presently contact with the seller. I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by karmabrown, Nov 30, 2019.

1. remove previous owners account from device

hi community

i purchased my second-hand laptop from a friend of a friend and i no longer have and cannot presently contact with the seller. I am trying to add my Microsoft account to the device but unfortunately the account belonging to the previous owner is still present. As i do not know the password and do not have contact with the individual i am unable to add my own account and upon accessing the settings to manage the Microsoft account i am asked to sign into the previous owners account. there is no option for me to change the sign in email address and it seems that the only way i am able to add my account is to sign in to the current one and remove it from the device.

Any advice?

:)

karmabrown, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Need to remove previous owner/administrator

Inherited a Win10 HP laptop. Need to remove the previous owner/administrator.

[Moved thread from: [MSN / Accounts, login, and signup / Account settings / Windows 10]

WayneDaniel, Nov 30, 2019
  4. remove previous owners account from device

Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

remove previous owners account from device

1. remove previous owners account from device - Similar Threads - remove previous owners

2. Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop: I was given a Dell laptop, the previous owner is now back in the US, I am in Thailand.When I go to Settings - Accounts his name comes up under 'Administrator'I am logged in with my Microsoft account.How do I remove him as the Administrator ?Thanks in advance.........
  3. Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop: I was given a Dell laptop, the previous owner is now back in the US, I am in Thailand.When I go to Settings - Accounts his name comes up under 'Administrator'I am logged in with my Microsoft account.How do I remove him as the Administrator ?Thanks in advance.........
  4. Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Account removal from a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account removal from a device: Hi everyone, I set up Windows 10 on a my mums laptop and since she didnt have an email address, I used mine. So basically the user 'Mum' on he PC is linked to my account, so she gets pop-ups whenever I receive an email and the favorites on her internet explorer are my...
  6. Account removal from a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account removal from a device: Hi everyone, I set up Windows 10 on a my mums laptop and since she didnt have an email address, I used mine. So basically the user 'Mum' on he PC is linked to my account, so she gets pop-ups whenever I receive an email and the favorites on her internet explorer are my...
  7. Account removal from a device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. Remove Device from account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Device from account: Hello everyone. I’m a bit confused. So my computer that broke down on me that has a M2 SSD and I have to send it in for a replacement pc. And I have no way to erase the computer as the motherboard died and I have no other computer with a M2 SSD. In fact I have no new...
  9. Removing previous owner's name from Windows Log In Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing previous owner's name from Windows Log In Screen: I am unable to remove the company name from the Windows 10 log in screen. I have followed all steps to change registered owner's name using regedit but it continues to show the original owner's name. What was weird was that I had to actually create a registered user and...
  10. Removing a previous account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing a previous account: I recently purchased a pre-owned computer and the seller assured me that all her information was removed from the computer and brought back to default status. My son-in-law is an IT tech and set the computer up for me. Although I was a previous Windows 7 user, so I do have a...