Windows 10: Remove Product key from computer

Discus and support Remove Product key from computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm putting a new system together. It has an OEM key with it but I wanted to do some mods and test it before I activated it. When I was doing some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JohnPennetta, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Remove Product key from computer

I'm putting a new system together. It has an OEM key with it but I wanted to do some mods and test it before I activated it. When I was doing some driver updates for the new computer logged onto my Gmail account which is the account I use for my Microsoft account. I did not log onto my Microsoft account, just Gmail, It automatically activated the new computer with the digital key from my main computer. I still use my main computer I didn't want to use that key. It didn't even ask if this is what I wanted to do. How do I remove the key from the new computer and make sure my main computer stays

:)

JohnPennetta, Jul 7, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 7, 2021
  4. AndreTen Win User

Remove Product key from computer

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Remove Product key from computer

1. Remove Product key from computer - Similar Threads - Remove Product key

2. We will not remove a product key from the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We will not remove a product key from the computer: What does it sound like I really need to remove the Windows product key and I can not try I have several and several solutions but it just does not let remove it I would love great help on how to remove it from my computer Thank you very much...
  3. We will not remove a product key from the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We will not remove a product key from the computer: What does it sound like I really need to remove the Windows product key and I can not try I have several and several solutions but it just does not let remove it I would love great help on how to remove it from my computer Thank you very much...
  4. We will not remove a product key from the computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. need product key from dead computer

need product key from dead computer: My Dell Inspiron has a bad hard drive. I need to get the product tag so I can create a media disk for windows 10 to install on the new drive. If there are no more physical tags anymore, who can I contact to get this info? Thank you!!!! Bill A....
  6. need product key from dead computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need product key from dead computer: My Dell Inspiron has a bad hard drive. I need to get the product tag so I can create a media disk for windows 10 to install on the new drive. If there are no more physical tags anymore, who can I contact to get this info? Thank you!!!! Bill A....
  7. Product Key from alternate computer

Product Key from alternate computer: Hello, I would like to use the product key from my Desktop Windows Pro retail machine to update my Laptop Windows Home activated-OEM to Pro, as I have to get rid of the Desktop. Is this possible? I recorded the product key from my Desktop then uninstalled the product key and...
  8. Remove windows product key from email

Remove windows product key from email: I have a windows digital license key i installed the license key on two devices and two license key installed in email i want to remove the license key from one email...
  9. Transferring Product Key From Broken Computer?

Transferring Product Key From Broken Computer?: So my old laptop came pre-installed with Windows 10, but recently it broke. So now I have a new PC and I was wondering if there was any way to get the product key off of my old computer and use it for this one? There's no way for me to access my old computer at all, but it is...
  10. Transferring Product Key from Defunct computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring Product Key from Defunct computer: My old comp with Windows 10 Pro is defunct and cannot be started. However I managed to remove the hard disk with the system on it which I can access with my new comp throughaa external drive.My new comp has NO operating system . How do I transfer/install Windows 10 from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How i remove product key if my computer ask