Windows 10: Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs

Discus and support Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Re Win version 1909 OS Build 18363.836 Is it safe to remove the ProgramData folder for an application long ago uninstalled, e.g., McAfee? Thanks for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gini, May 24, 2020.

1. gini Win User

Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs

Re Win version 1909 OS Build 18363.836

Is it safe to remove the ProgramData folder for an application long ago uninstalled, e.g., McAfee?
    Thanks for your advice!

:)

2. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, May 24, 2020
  3. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, May 24, 2020
  4. Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs

can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs

1. Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs - Similar Threads - Remove Program Data

2. mntemp in program data folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mntemp in program data folder: Hello what is this file i found in my program data folder i have used windows defender to scan it and it has no threats i can just delete it without a problem but is it a malware? i got mix answer from googling. Currently it is in my recycle bin, I got this Do i just delete...
  3. mntemp in program data folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mntemp in program data folder: Hello what is this file i found in my program data folder i have used windows defender to scan it and it has no threats i can just delete it without a problem but is it a malware? i got mix answer from googling. Currently it is in my recycle bin, I got this Do i just delete...
  4. mntemp in program data folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Program data folder is a ghost folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program data folder is a ghost folder: I came home after a weekend about a month ago to find my computers performance had been much worse than I left it. Since then Id found a few ghost folders in my C: drive that I'd fixed but the only one that can't be fixed with anything I do is the program data folder. I say...
  6. Program Data folder blocked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program Data folder blocked: I update to the October 2020 update on my PC I was having issues with my discord, so I decided to reinstall it upon opening the installer I got this message. I have a Lenovo E73 Mini Tower running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with an Intel Core i5-4460S. Can anyone help me out this is...
  7. Program Data folder relocation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Data folder relocation: Hello everyone! I would like to ask if it is possible to change the localisation of folderC:/ProgramData to another drive? if yes,could someone give me instructions please.very please. Thank you Best regards Tomasz...
  8. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  9. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  10. uninstall, remove or delete program

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uninstall, remove or delete program: I have an App "HDHomeRun" that shows up in my list of Apps. When I right click/uninstall it takes me to "Programs and Features"/"Uninstall or Change Program", the app is not listed to choose. The App does not work. I tried to reinstall, but I get a notice a File Not Found...