Windows 10: Remove Program Files and WindowsApp folders from secondary drives - Windows 11

Discus and support Remove Program Files and WindowsApp folders from secondary drives - Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just upgraded to Windows 11 and got all setup. I was moving folders around cleaning up my secondary drives and noticed that all of them now have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CRIMS0N S0L, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Remove Program Files and WindowsApp folders from secondary drives - Windows 11

Just upgraded to Windows 11 and got all setup. I was moving folders around cleaning up my secondary drives and noticed that all of them now have Program Files and WindowsApp folders on my secondary drives. I'm unable to delete them or do anything with them and I want them gone. Before anyone says it... NO, I did not tell it to install anything on the drives. I do have one drive with Xbox games and understand that one has to have those folders. These other folders are not used for anything pertaining to Windows 11, it put these folders there without my permission.So now I need to know how to de

:)

CRIMS0N S0L, Aug 14, 2022
  2. cereberus Win User

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

There are two tools essential tools that everyone one should always have - Macrium Reflect Free and a dishwasher. *Smile.

cereberus, Aug 14, 2022
  3. jkteddy77 Win User
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Aug 14, 2022
  4. jkteddy77 Win User

Remove Program Files and WindowsApp folders from secondary drives - Windows 11

WindowsApps folder can't be deleted on secondary disk

I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media on a USB or CD.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted from it (spam-pressing F8 during startup),
    I clicked "browse my files for an image", but for real it open up a windows explorer interface.
    Navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it.
    It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

jkteddy77, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Remove Program Files and WindowsApp folders from secondary drives - Windows 11

1. Remove Program Files and WindowsApp folders from secondary drives - Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Remove Program Files

2. Removing secondary languages from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing secondary languages from Windows 11: I'm unable to remove additional languages from the keyboard layout switcher. I've tried adding them, removing them, nothing works.They're still in there. The languages are English GB and English US with the German keyboard layout. Why can't Microsoft add a simple right click...
  3. Remove Program Files and WindowsApp folders from secondary drives - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Program Files and WindowsApp folders from secondary drives - Windows 11: Just upgraded to Windows 11 and got all setup. I was moving folders around cleaning up my secondary drives and noticed that all of them now have Program Files and WindowsApp folders on my secondary drives. I'm unable to delete them or do anything with them and I want them...
  4. How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?: Hey, I just noticed that I have two new folders on my hard drive one is called ''WindowsApps'' the other ''Program Files''. I have no permissions to read or delete them, even tho I'm the administrator. They seem to be system folders. Does anyone have an idea how to remove...
  5. Remove unwanted software from program files\windowsapps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove unwanted software from program files\windowsapps: I have uninstalled CandyCrushSaga and other software items via Settings/Apps/Uninstall, but large numbers of files for CandyCrushSaga still exist in WindowsApps. I am unable to delete them. In fact WindowsApps contains almost 4 GB of files, most of which are never and will...
  6. "Program Files\WindowsApps" on Secondary Drive: I keep removing it, Windows keeps...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Program Files\WindowsApps" on Secondary Drive: I keep removing it, Windows keeps...: TL;NR: Any way to keep Windows from recreating WindowsApps folder on non-system internal drive? Note: This was all because of a botched install of r/PSO2. I installed the game on the drive (the game drive), but then one reboot later, the game install went corrupt, so I...
  7. deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: Hi, I'm trying to delete app data from this folder that relates to apps which are no longer on my laptop. I uninstalled these apps a long time ago and their files are still showing in this folder. To delete the files, I'm having to change the permissions on every single...
  8. How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?: I bought a pc like 8 months ago and I bought xbox game pass for pc and downloaded few games. Then I had to reboot my pc, and all my GAMES were gone but the windowsapps folders didn't go anywhere. For example I downloaded Wolfenstein 2, I don't have the game anymore but I have...
  9. WindowsApps folder can't be deleted on secondary disk

in Windows 10 Support
    WindowsApps folder can't be deleted on secondary disk: I have an SSD (This PC) for Windows, HDD (secondary disk) for files and whatnot. Running Windows 10 64-bit Home. I saw that you could move apps to another disk through Apps & features in Settings, so I decided to try it out. I moved an app to my secondary disk, and it...
  10. Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?: I set the Storage option for Windows Store to start installing apps too my D:/ Because of that, it created a folder called WindowsApps. Now it's time that I want to delete that folder, and all access is denied. I tried changing the permissions to my admin account and...