Windows 10: remove protected password administrator account in Win10?

Discus and support remove protected password administrator account in Win10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I pressed win logo + R and unchecked users must name and password. Why is my account still showing password protected? This has always been my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ornerypoo, Jul 18, 2019.

1. ornerypoo Win User

remove protected password administrator account in Win10?

I pressed win logo + R and unchecked users must name and password. Why is my account still showing password protected? This has always been my Microsoft Account?

:)

ornerypoo, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Pyeti Win User

password on windows removal

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

NT Password Reset will remove the password from your local administrator account (or any other account). Quite easy and straight forward to use.

Pyeti, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Removing/changing Administrator

Hi Mike,

We are sorry to hear about the loss.

Before assisting we would like to know:

The account you are speaking about is it a Microsoft Administrator Account or a Local Administrator Account?

• If it is a Microsoft Administrator Account then Password cannot be removed.

• In order to remove the Password Protection for a Local Administrator Account you would need to Enable the Build In Administrator Account. This will help you in removing the Password.

• To Enable the Build In Administrator Account Please follow the below steps:

As per the Description you have mentioned as you see an error as "change settings are currently unavailable." We would request you to help us with the Screenshot of this error.

Please follow the steps provided in the below link to send a Screen shot in Microsoft Community:

How to include a screenshot in your post

The above steps should be helpful to you, if the issue still persist, then to write back to us and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Jul 18, 2019
  4. remove protected password administrator account in Win10?

New Administrator account with windows 10 AU - not password protected

Last week, I got Windows 10 AU and now find that I have two admin accounts - my original admin account (password protected) and this new Admin account which is not password protected. I also have a password protected "work" account which I use on a daily basis.

I couldn't find a way of deleting the new account so looked at making it password protected but get a message " If you do this Administrator will lose all EFS-encripted files, personal certificates and stored passwords for web sites and network resources".

I certainly don't feel comfortable having an admin account that anyone can access - especially by a hijacker.

What would anyone suggest - leave as is or password protect. Incidently, I did come across something that I could deactivate the account but, in my low tech knowledge, it would still be there for a hijacker to damage my computer.

Abstemious, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

remove protected password administrator account in Win10?

1. remove protected password administrator account in Win10? - Similar Threads - remove protected password

2. Removing administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing administrator account: I have been wanting to remove this administrator user on my PC for some time but am unable to, and I do not want to have to create a new user and redo all of my files for all of my games and stuff. is there any way to remove that administer users?...
  3. Removal of administrator account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removal of administrator account: I have to remove the account of the administrator of this account because he's deceased. I'd like to take over the administration role on this computer. Could you please assist me through this difficult time?...
  4. Remove Password Protect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove Password Protect: Don't want to have to use my password to sign in every time when I'm the only one using it...it's a pain to say the least. To make it worse I can't even enter my password if I wanted to because it won't accept any letters in that field. What I have to do is "reset" every time...
  5. Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password: my son while installing game minecraft on Win10 standard account (see attach image) it did not ask for administrator password while installing the same game on Win 8 standard account it asks for administrator account. 150076
  6. Administrator Account Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account Password: Hi, Hope your having a great day. My annoying friend changed the password to the built in admin account and my account is a standard account. Is there anyway to change that password without using Group Policy, cmd or an elevated PowerShell. Thanks in advance....
  7. Removing Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Administrator Account: Hello, I have reset my laptop which have windows 10 education installed on it and and loged in with my university account then I installed many programs and apps on it. What I want to do now is to make another account then make it administrator and login into it then (using...
  8. Removing an administrator account

Removing an administrator account: My parents bought themselves a new PC, for them to be able to use Microsoft Word and such, I signed in with my account. Now their PC and as well as my laptop have administrative uses. I don't want their PC to have my administrative use how do I remove my account from their PC...
  9. removal of administrator account

removal of administrator account: As a pastor of a church we were given an HP 23-q114 computer with Windows 10. The person donating the computer to us did not remove themselves as an administrator. How do I go about cleaning the computer and adding myself as the sole administrator?...
  10. New Administrator account with windows 10 AU - not password protected

in Windows 10 Support
    New Administrator account with windows 10 AU - not password protected: Last week, I got Windows 10 AU and now find that I have two admin accounts - my original admin account (password protected) and this new Admin account which is not password protected. I also have a password protected "work" account which I use on a daily basis. I couldn't...