Windows 10: remove READ ONLY

Discus and support remove READ ONLY in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; PLEASE How do I get read only off of my pictures on OneDrive. If I can't see them, I don't need OneDrive. I have changed attribute multiple times and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SusanREADONLY goaway, Feb 11, 2020.

1. remove READ ONLY

PLEASE How do I get read only off of my pictures on OneDrive. If I can't see them, I don't need OneDrive. I have changed attribute multiple times and Microsoft keeps changing MY PICTURES back to READ ONLY attribute. This is more than annoying. Microsoft controls my files, overrides my settings. Please I must stop this READ ONLY override by Microsoft.

:)

SusanREADONLY goaway, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Marie Ave Win User

remove READ ONLY

Remove read only from files

Hi,

Read-only is a file attribute, or a characteristic that the operating system assigns to a file. Files can be only opened or read with this attribute active. You cannot delete, change, or rename any file that’s been flagged as read-only.

To change the read-only attribute, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the file or folder icon that you wanted to modify.

• Remove the check mark by the Read-Only item in the file’s
      Properties
      dialog box.

The attributes are found at the bottom of the General tab.

• Click Apply then OK.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

remove READ ONLY

1. remove READ ONLY - Similar Threads - remove READ

2. Win10 22H2 Some folders on removeable drive are becoming Read Only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 22H2 Some folders on removeable drive are becoming Read Only: Some folders on my removeable disks are getting set to read only when I start moving files to them. I can't predict which ones. This sets the 'hidden' property to true. When I uncheck the read only box it is checked the next time I open the properties. Those folders appear to...
  3. Win10 22H2 Some folders on removeable drive are becoming Read Only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 22H2 Some folders on removeable drive are becoming Read Only: Some folders on my removeable disks are getting set to read only when I start moving files to them. I can't predict which ones. This sets the 'hidden' property to true. When I uncheck the read only box it is checked the next time I open the properties. Those folders appear to...
  4. Win10 22H2 Some folders on removeable drive are becoming Read Only

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how to remove read only from windows 10 folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove read only from windows 10 folders: I found this:Right-click the folder, then select Properties.Go to Security tab, then click Advanced.Click Change to the right of Owner.Enter Users into the box, then click OK.Enable the checkbox Replace owner on sub containers and objects, then click Apply.If prompted that...
  6. how to remove read only from windows 10 folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove read only from windows 10 folders: I found this:Right-click the folder, then select Properties.Go to Security tab, then click Advanced.Click Change to the right of Owner.Enter Users into the box, then click OK.Enable the checkbox Replace owner on sub containers and objects, then click Apply.If prompted that...
  7. how to remove read only from windows 10 folders

8. administrator account can't change folder names, can't permanently remove read-only status,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator account can't change folder names, can't permanently remove read-only status,...: I'm the only home user, and Windows identifies my account as an administrator.At the moment, I'm simply trying to change folder names. When I try to, I can type the new name, but when I hit enter I get an Unspecificed error - 0x80004005.The parent folder is partially...
  9. administrator account can't change folder names, can't permanently remove read-only status,...

administrator account can't change folder names, can't permanently remove read-only status,...: I'm the only home user, and Windows identifies my account as an administrator.At the moment, I'm simply trying to change folder names. When I try to, I can type the new name, but when I hit enter I get an Unspecificed error - 0x80004005.The parent folder is partially...
  10. can not remove read-only property from usb flash drive

can not remove read-only property from usb flash drive: I have used a usb flash drive to recover windows 10 on my old pc, however the installation of the windows boot on said key couldn't get to completion, most likely due to a network error while downloading the windows ISO image. I have attempted re-doing the process but I was...