Windows 10: Remove "recents" of apps from search

Discus and support Remove "recents" of apps from search in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi! When we search something in Windows 10 from the search button in the taskbar, suppose any media player. We can see the recent media played using... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by VanshSharma.1963, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Remove "recents" of apps from search

Hi!
    When we search something in Windows 10 from the search button in the taskbar, suppose any media player. We can see the recent media played using that particular application. Any idea how to remove that? I find it pretty annoying. I've attached a picture to help you understand, what I'm talking about.

Help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!
    Remove "recents" of apps from search c62b315b-bbde-47b2-8085-2cb65357fd9d?upload=true.png

:)

VanshSharma.1963, Aug 22, 2020
  2. philc43 Win User

Office 365 - removing recent documents

You would need to go to the app that was used for that document and remove it from the recent documents list within the app. For example if a Word document shows up in the list and you want to remove it; open Word and then in the recent documents list within Word right click on the entry you want to remove and select Remove from list.

philc43, Aug 22, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 22, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Remove "recents" of apps from search

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Remove "recents" of apps from search

1. Remove "recents" of apps from search - Similar Threads - Remove recents apps

2. How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar: Edition -> Windows 10 ProVersion -> 21H2Os Build -> 19044.1645How do I get rid of these annoying suggested apps ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removedisable-suggested-apps-from-search/2695a386-e060-4bc2-958e-98e7083888f8
  3. How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar: Edition -> Windows 10 ProVersion -> 21H2Os Build -> 19044.1645How do I get rid of these annoying suggested apps ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removedisable-suggested-apps-from-search/2695a386-e060-4bc2-958e-98e7083888f8
  4. How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove the Windows Search app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove the Windows Search app: Hi everyone! I'm facing some problems regarding the Windows Search App, sadly. It uses a lot of bandwidth and because of that, I have lag spikes when playing a game.I tried to stop & disable the service, but it didn't work, the app keeps running. Is there a way to completely...
  6. Remove the Windows Search app

Remove the Windows Search app: Hi everyone! I'm facing some problems regarding the Windows Search App, sadly. It uses a lot of bandwidth and because of that, I have lag spikes when playing a game.I tried to stop & disable the service, but it didn't work, the app keeps running. Is there a way to completely...
  7. Recent update removed a startup app

Recent update removed a startup app: Yesterday Microsoft updated me to 2004 build 19041.630. Windows considerately told me that it had removed my 8 gadget pak from startup. I still have my 8gadget pak, and I can find it by clicking on the start menu, scrolling to the 8gadget pak and then clicking the drop down...
  8. Windows search only shows recent apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search only shows recent apps: [ATTACH] Hello good community. Long time ago I have switched a setting that -I don't remember where- makes Windows search at the taskbar show only recent apps. I am trying to find which setting I have changed. I can still search for both apps and files in there but it...
  9. Recent files open by an App in search result

Recent files open by an App in search result: How do i clear recent files open by an App in search result? I've try to clear all history from Explorer's Option I've try to Disable "Show recently opened item in jump list...." at start setting. please help Here is the recent that i mean, tat colored by yellow in...
  10. Is it possible to remove the Search shortcut from the 'All apps' list?

Is it possible to remove the Search shortcut from the 'All apps' list?: Hi, Is it possible to remove the Search shortcut from the 'All apps' list? I disabled Cortana by renaming the folder and clicking it does nothing so no point in keeping it. I've also disabled the Search service. I've kept Calc, Contact, Maps, Edge, Settings & Store, rest...