Windows 10: Remove Recovery Image?

Discus and support Remove Recovery Image? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; C:\Windows\System32\Recovery is 366 MB due to the recovery image winre.wim I make backup images of my C: drive every day. I also maintain backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by S_and_S, Sep 27, 2018.

1. S_and_S Win User

Remove Recovery Image?

C:\Windows\System32\Recovery is 366 MB due to the recovery image winre.wim

I make backup images of my C: drive every day. I also maintain backup images of 'milestones' such as my clean install of Windows 10.

In the unlikely event that I want to actually reinstall Windows 10, I still have the USB flash drive (made from the ISO) that I used for my clean install of Windows 10.

My point is: I will truly never wish to recover my PC (make a recovery drive or reset.) Instead, if I need to, I'll restore an image.

Is there a safe way to remove the Windows recovery image to regain those 366 MB ... is it sufficient to simply delete the C: ...\Recovery folder?

:)

S_and_S, Sep 27, 2018

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 27, 2018
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Remove Recovery Image?

Data recovery software

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144395

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Remove Recovery Image?

1. Remove Recovery Image? - Similar Threads - Remove Recovery Image

2. Image recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image recovery: Tried to do image recovery on new ssd, but it said can't find the drive to install it. Installed windows 10 fresh, so it is formatted, but still getting the error. What can I do to get it to work?Did fresh windows 10 install bit still get the same error. Thanks....
  3. Image recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image recovery: Tried to do image recovery on new ssd, but it said can't find the drive to install it. Installed windows 10 fresh, so it is formatted, but still getting the error. What can I do to get it to work?Did fresh windows 10 install bit still get the same error. Thanks....
  4. Image recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image recovery: After taking a couple of hundred pics on my Canon, I removed the SD card and inserted it into my PC. I used Windows Photos to view most of them and while I still had them open in Photos I created a subfolder on the SD card to move related photos into one folder using File...
  5. recovery image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery image: Is it possible to download a recovery image from the operating system image code/number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-image/cb73eddd-cd66-4131-98c5-2a248be67ed5
  6. Recovery of an image

Recovery of an image: While saving my work, I saved it on an existing file and the original file got replaced and permanently deleted. Is there any way to recover the original file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-of-an-image/7ba48dfe-1cde-4be3-b9a3-fa2a177cd109
  7. System Image Recovery

System Image Recovery: Can I use a SYSTEM IMAGE RECOVERY to transfer my files to anew PC trough an external drive? If on my existing pc i have 2 disks C: and D: and the new one will also have 2 disks will the system install the image on the new PC like they were on the old PC? C: to C: amd D:ti...
  8. system image recovery

system image recovery: I can't long into my Desktop-HTLT8V4 it needs recovery key and the sign I got was - to retrieve this key , go tohttp://windows.microsoft.com/recoverykeyfaq from another PC or mobile device .in case you need it the key ID is D48B8C0E...
  9. Image Recovery

Image Recovery: Prior to sending a laptop back to the manufacturer, I created a system image on a network share as the manufacturer typically wipes the hard drive. After recovering the image, all of the data files were returned to their original location. However, none of the programs were...
  10. System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Recovery: Hi All, I'm switching to SSD and I created a system image on the drive already. I tried going to system image recovery to boot using it, however when I click it, the screen goes blank. I'm pretty sure it's not a time thing, I gave it 8 hours. I'm pretty sure this is my...