Windows 10: Remove Registry Key

Discus and support Remove Registry Key in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all *Smile not sure where to put this one. After a CU, maybe 2 back, CCleaner found this duplicate registry key and I can`t seem to delete it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AddRAM, Mar 6, 2021.

1. AddRAM Win User

Remove Registry Key

Hello all *Smile not sure where to put this one.

After a CU, maybe 2 back, CCleaner found this duplicate registry key and I can`t seem to delete it. I uninstalled the CU and the Registry key disappeared, but after installing the CU again, it reappeared.

I have never had an issue with CCleaner taking care of the Registry. But the only thing I could do with it was add it to the Exclude list, but I`d like to get rid of it.

:)

AddRAM, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Darkfalz Win User

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Error Removing Registry Key?

If it is not causing you any issues i would suggest for you you not alter the Registry.

Altering the Registry in any form of way may cause your Operating System to stop responding and or functioning.

Frank N St31n, Mar 6, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Remove Registry Key

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

looks like the driverkey is not removed indeed

i'm putting it on the list. it's very low priority though

W1zzard, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Remove Registry Key

1. Remove Registry Key - Similar Threads - Remove Registry Key

2. Registry Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Key: hello, I'm wondering if this value found in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows is normal.the value name is "Load" with the value data of "C:\Windows\System32\msn.exe, C:\Windows\System32\msh.exe"thank you...
  3. version 22H2 removed registry keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    version 22H2 removed registry keys: Tons of registry keys I used to use for modifying windows are now completely missing as off version 22H2. In fact, huge swaths of the registry are just gone. I even tried adding the keys back manually, but they dont work. One of the biggest ones that was taken out is the...
  4. version 22H2 removed registry keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    version 22H2 removed registry keys: Tons of registry keys I used to use for modifying windows are now completely missing as off version 22H2. In fact, huge swaths of the registry are just gone. I even tried adding the keys back manually, but they dont work. One of the biggest ones that was taken out is the...
  5. Removing registry entries based on key name values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing registry entries based on key name values: I am trying to remove unwanted flight simulator files from my registry. These amount to literally thousands of files containing scenery, texture, model and other information, but doing so manually, file by file takes days.All the files have different keys, but their group...
  6. Removing registry entries based on key name values

Removing registry entries based on key name values: I am trying to remove unwanted flight simulator files from my registry. These amount to literally thousands of files containing scenery, texture, model and other information, but doing so manually, file by file takes days.All the files have different keys, but their group...
  7. ProtectionPolicy registry key

ProtectionPolicy registry key: Hello ,I wish to know what exactly ProtectionPolicy registry key does and how it effects the integrity of systems on my network.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protectionpolicy-registry-key/187af627-a6ab-413d-bcb5-a7e12a1c954e
  8. Registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry key: How do I fix requested registry key not allowed in msi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-key/62df446d-c4af-49b0-b902-eb1898ce55b5
  9. Registry help - remove sub key

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry help - remove sub key: Hello. I am looking for help with proper syntax in editing a saved .reg file. (Windows10x64) I know that by placing a "-" in front of a key deletes the entire key, but what syntax is used to delete a specific part of a sub key only? ...being the ".jpg"="PBrush" part. Here...
  10. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822